The HR Generalist is responsible for performing a broad range of HR and Administrative duties for a fast-paced client base within the NBC5 and Telemundo Chicago team. This position is responsible for interfacing & problem solving with a number of business partners and providing broad HR administrative and transactional support to a client base consisting of staff, Temporary, Freelancers and Union employees.
Provide day to day HR support for all clients, including:
recruitment, on-boarding, off-boarding, compensation analysis, employee relations, performance management, and employee development/orientation
Partner with HR leadership to support clients with employee relations issues, ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and practices
Assist with investigations and address responses and applicable actions
Work closely with Talent Acquisition and Internship Program teams
Liaise with various HR specialities and partners, including Benefits and Payroll, to manage and resolve day to day employee issues
Become an expert user for SAP HR transactions, including onboarding and off-boarding, workflow forms, regular and ad hoc reporting, and other data validation or reporting exercises
Assist with creation, planning and logistics of on-site employee engagement activities and events
Conduct employee training and development, as needed, on topics such as performance management, benefits, mentoring, staffing processes, etc.
Assist with FCC Annual report and compliance reports including integrity and corporate required initiatives
Partner with Environmental Health & Safety leader to oversee OSHA & safety compliance
Work on special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years working within the HR function
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
- 1+ year as an HR Generalist
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience working with union-represented population
- Employee Relations & investigations experience preferred
- Experience with HR information systems (ie. SAP)
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
- Must be approachable and able to earn trust and credibility with employees in the organization
- Highly resourceful and organized with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating at all levels
- Proactive and ability to work independently
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
NBCUOTS - WMAQ
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.