The Department of Art and Art History at Wheaton College in Norton, MA, seeks a part-time Mac Support Technician/Instructor, beginning in the Fall of 2018. The Mac Support Technician/Instructor oversees the graphic design computer lab and offers teaching support for studio art classes. We encourage applicants with demonstrated technical expertise in MacOS computers and Adobe Creative Suite software. We are looking for a candidate who can offer both hardware tech support and software teaching support.
Responsibilities of the Mac Support Technician/Instructor include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage Mac computers and associated equipment, such as Wacom pen tools, and Epson printers and scanners.
- Offer technical instruction on hardware and software basics, specifically on the Adobe Creative Suite for two studio art courses.
- Perform technical support tasks such as routine and non-routine troubleshooting services as needed by faculty and students.
- College degree or Certificate of Advanced Study from a technical program in the computing field, and Mac computer troubleshooting experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Apple operating systems and common computer applications, including Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students, and to work independently and in consultation with faculty.
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Experience in photography, digital arts or design preferred.
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Wheaton is a private coeducational liberal arts college within easy commuting distance of Boston and Providence. We have nearly 1,700 undergraduates from 40 U.S. States and more than 70 countries. Nearly 23% of our undergraduates are U.S. students of color and 11% are international citizens. Wheaton College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability. In a continuing effort to maintain and enrich an intellectually diverse learning environment, the Department and the College actively encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented groups.
Open Until Filled Yes
Office of Human Resources
Special Instructions to Candidates: