- Placing collection calls for any unpaid invoices.
- Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries and email request on a timely manner. Follows up on inquires to resolve problem and find a solution working with customer service.
- Perform data entry tasks for accounting department as assigned. These tasks may include, faxing, mailing and emailing statements and invoices to customers. Enter credit memos to customer accounts.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Enlist the efforts of management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Communicate and follow up effective with Doctor’s office regarding accounts on a timely basis
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with clients
- Act as backup for processing credit cards and checks.
Skills and Abilities
- 2-3 years of high volume collections experience
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator by touch, telephone and computer using Microsoft business applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Team player yet can work independently.
- Ability to work in multiple systems at the same time.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college level courses and/or equivalent experience in this field a plus
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus.
- Previous collection calls experience.
- Processing payments a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- accounts payable: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounts Receivable: 1 year (Preferred)