Leads key M&A processes by partnering with internal team members, operations, and functional areas to increase value by making recommendations based on value drivers and value destroyers discovered during analysis and diligence of key strategic transactions.
Primarily focused on file buy acquisitions, manages complex data and diligence process related to select mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic investments to make determinations as to the financial, operational and strategic viabilities for the Company. or its various business units. Monitors the performance of mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic investments to ensure that business and economic standards are being achieved and incorporated into future analyses to improve accuracy.
- Manages and analyzes all potential M&A transactions in assigned region - from transaction leadership, to involvement in financial modeling, due diligence, and integration.
- Engages and negotiates with brokers, attorneys, and management to create opportunities and enhance value with regards to strategic acquisition and investment targets.
- Guides, mentors, and trains staff including reviewing work of M&A Analysts & Sr. Analysts.
- Participates and supports various M&A activities - is frequently a member of the deal team in conversations & negotiations with sellers, funds, brokers and attorneys.
- Conducts risk assessment and due diligence to provide recommendations to external and internal stakeholders.
- Facilitates and reviews financial measurement of acquisition and investment performance and transaction reporting.
- Performs or assists in the financial modeling of potential acquisitions & divestitures.
- Prepares presentations on historical deal analysis, trends, process improvement, risk and returns.
- Develops, maintains and continuously improves resources used in M&A processes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in a business-related or analytical field (for example: finance/accounting/business management/economics, etc.) OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years experience in a business-related or analytical field (for example: i.e. finance/accounting/business management/economics, etc.)
At least 2 years of experience using financial metrics, ratios and calculations and public financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow).
At least 2 years of experience in understanding and analyzing financial modeling.
Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example:
using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
Experience with project management (for example:
planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance , Accounting or Economics
Experience in retail, pharmacy industry, or healthcare industry
At least 4 years of experience performing business research such as analyzing financial statements/proxies and utilizing research databases
Project management experience - leading small to large/complex projects or teams
At least 1 year of experience of cross-functional team leadership.