Ethos Position Reference EPR002906
Position Title OMT
Location Dell, AR
Job Overview We are currently recruiting for an OMT to be based in Dell, AR. The OMT is responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of the power facility while assigned on shift or while assigned to the maintenance team. These responsibilities include, but is not limited to Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to the gas turbine, steam turbine, generators, heat recovery steam generator, air compressors, water treatment equipment, demineralizers, motors, pumps, fire suppression systems, brine concentrators, and all other balance of plant auxiliary equipment. Strictly adheres to all safety and environmental rules and regulations to protect employees, contractors, and public safety.
Job Responsibilities • Perform piping and conduit installation in the plant for system upgrades and modifications.
- Operate demineralizers, compressors, and turbine components.
- Perform Inspection of Watch on each system within the plant.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, replacing valve packing, gaskets, valves, and gauges.
- Cleaning, replacing, oiling and lubricating other component parts and equipment as required.
- Reads meters, gauges, or automatic devices to record data such as temperature of equipment, vibration of equipment, hours of operation, pressure, and fluid levels, water chemistry to verify operating conditions.
- Performs general housekeeping and continuous improvement of the appearance of the facility including painting projects as required. Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of the plant and control room.
- Performs capital project and/or major program responsibilities as assigned by Plant Management.
- Coordinates purchasing with appropriate personnel and vendors in an effort to achieve timely repair of plant equipment.
- Operate and maintains a Combined Cycle power generating facility equipment with minimal guidance or assistance as directed by and in coordination with the LOMT.
- Identify and resolve CEMS problems. Assist in calibrations and gas bottle change outs.
- Keeps O&M Manager and/or LOMT fully informed of unusual plant conditions and current job progress as the job relates to facility operations when assigned on- shift.
- Responsible for ordering chemicals through established vendors.
- Utilizes the facility’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Works with the O&M Manager in managing the plant’s inventory, performing audits as needed.
- Responsible for opening and closing circuit breakers as required for proper system operation and electrical isolation.
- Outage planning and scheduling involvement
- Assist with development of Operations and Maintenance procedures
- Assist with administering the Operator training program
- Assist with performing Root Cause Analysis of failures.
- May operate heavy equipment such man lift and forklift.
- Perform water chemistry analysis on HRSG, auxiliary boiler, and cooling tower systems.
- Ensure water chemistry is within proper control ranges. Make adjustments to water chemistry, as needed, by controlling chemical feed and/or blowdown rates. Work with plant chemist, OMT’s and water treatment vendor to properly monitor overall chemistry program
- Operate demineralized water system in accordance with OEM and plant procedures and monitor demineralized water to ensure quality is within acceptable limits.
- Reads, understands and complies with all regulatory procedures and facility safety programs. Follow all plant environmental permits.
Required Skills / Knowledge • Demonstrates knowledge of all facets of power plant operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- Capable of writing operating procedures, work requests, written records.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals and P&ID's.
- Will write routine reports, solve practical problems, and clearly communicate tasks and needs, and training of other personnel.
- Mechanical, instrumentation and electrical equipment knowledge is required.
- Adept at troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with mechanical equipment with the ability to apply a resolution in a timely fashion.
- Proficient at repairing, replacing, dismantling and inspecting defective plant equipment and parts such as pumps, valves, fans, gearboxes, demineralizers, compressors, and turbine components.
- Capable of operating welding and cutting equipment and completes metal fabrication projects.
- Proficient at Water Chemistry.
- Capable of setting up and operating a drill press, pipe threading machine, grinder and other various tools to make and repair parts and equipment.
Experience Two to four years related experience and/or training; or a combination of experience and/or education preferred.
Education Requirements • High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college to technical school preferred
Physical Requirements • Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting (up to 50 pounds).
- Must be willing to work a 12-hour rotating shift and be available to work for call-ins and work overload as needed.