The Field Applications Scientist position is expected to help support customers and contribute to customer success in the onboarding process of new product and/or instruments related to the companies immunoassay reagent portfolio. This role requires demonstrated skill at troubleshooting, communication, time management, situational awareness, poise under pressure, and collaboration. You will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships with external Service teams, and internal Customer Support, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Coordinate new installations, and instrument validation toward the successful adoption of new products.
- With assistance, conduct on-site (or online) customer trainings on ALPCO suite of immunoassay products.
- Assist technical solutions team with troubleshooting customer complaints related to assay or experimental design, software, instruments, or user's technical skill. Escalate to appropriate internal resources as necessary to maximize customer uptime and minimize customer effort.
- Help communicate essential technical product updates to external customers and Sales counterparts to drive customer success.
- Contribute to customer relationship management, understanding customer goals, and setting appropriate product and performance expectations.
- Basic awareness of competitor activities and innovations within the marketplace.
- Communicate strategic and competitive customer feedback to Sales, Marketing, and product development teams.
- With guidance, prioritize tasks and responsibilities to achieve departmental key performance metrics.
- Represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times.
- Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- 1-3 years FAS experience in the diagnostics field.
- Knowledge of automated immunoassay instrumentation including but not limited to Dynex DSX and DS2, Gold Standard Thunderbolt. Hamilton STAR experience a plus.
- Demonstrate proficiency of installing and operating commonly-used immunoassay plate readers (BioTek, Molecular Devices, Tecan, etc) and related data analysis software applications (e.g. SoftMax and Gen5).
- Experience with GLP/GMP best practices and common immunoassay laboratory techniques.
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to operate as an independent contributor and as a cooperative member of a team.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Capacity to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30-50%.
- Willingness to participate and support in-house laboratory tasks (QC, R&D and Mfg. etc.) when not actively in the field.
- All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related field and 5-7 years of experience; or a Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related field and 1-3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules