Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed Teaching and Therapeutic Community in Los Angeles, California is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn at our community located in Los Angeles. This ground breaking opportunity will help the Los Angeles community but will also enhance your training and experience in the field. Amity is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
This position is responsible to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the program, and indirectly supervises all staff. This position develops, interprets, and administers policies and procedures governing the program, and administers appropriate strategies for recruitment, selection, and retention of staff. The Program Director is responsible for the overall administration of the day-to-day delivery of program services.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Responsible for the following:
- Overall administrative responsibility to ensure service delivery meets organizational standards and contractual obligations.
- On-site presence for an average of 40 working hours per week during program hours Monday through Friday, with the exception of vacation, sick leave, meetings, trainings, or State holidays, with sufficient notice given to institution staff by email;
- Available by cell phone one (1) hour prior and one (1) hour after and throughout programming hours;
- Effective weekly communication with PA regarding program implementation, contract monitoring and compliance;
- Secure appropriate approvals from PA and CCIII when ordering supplies and equipment;
- Work collaboratively with CCIII and institution staff in planning, direction, and coordination of all program related activities;
- Provide current monthly schedules to PA, CCIII and other CDCR staff indicating OMCP Mentor assignment;
- Responsible for overall supervision and oversight of all contract staff;
- Implement appropriate strategies for recruitment, selection and retention of staff;
- Responsible for fiscal monitoring of expenditures;
- Responsible for implementation of systems and monitoring techniques to assure Agreement compliance;
- Ensure contract staff compliance with CDCR policies and procedures; and,
- Work collaboratively with CDCR/CCHCS and institution staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s Degree in a social service-related field and at least one (1) year of supervisory experience working in a SUDT Program; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a social service-related field and at least two (2) years of supervisory experience working in a SUDT Program; OR
- An Associate’s Degree in a social service-related field and at least four (4) years of supervisory experience working in a SUDT Program; OR
- Six (6) years of supervisory experience working in a SUDT Program
- Experience in a supervisory role an asset.
- Possess AOD Certification from an accredited certifying organization recognized by DHCS. (Licensed professionals, including licensed physician, psychologist, clinical social worker, professional clinical counselor, marriage and family therapist, and registered associates are exempt from this requirement).
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse; appreciation for the behavioral, psychological, physical and social effects of drug abuse.
- Knowledge of contractual requirements of ISUDTP operating functions is essential.
- Understand an array of treatment models, and maintain a current awareness of trends and emerging issues among institutional programs
- Operational knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and Access.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Highly competent in organizational leadership and contract compliance;
- Ability to integrate, disseminate, and implement requirements, reporting timeframes and/or procedure changes as indicated by CDCR;
- Ability to effectively supervise and train a multi-disciplinary team; and,
- Excellent interpersonal, written communications and typing skills.
PROFESSIONAL and ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that excellence and integrity are applied to professional responsibilities in order to provide optimal services to participants;
- Understand and appropriately apply Amity policies and procedures, and adhere to agency-wide practices and regulations;
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in order to maintain professional standards and safeguard the participant;
- Participate in community building activities as appropriate to position;
- Protect program participants’ health, safety, welfare, and confidentiality of records and participant information;
- Demonstrate proper attitudes and techniques towards program participants and staff;
- Model professionalism, effective work habits and responsible living.
TRAINING and CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Within specified contract timeframes, personnel file shall document evidence of participation in the following trainings:
- Organizational and Institutional Employee Orientation (attend first available CDCR institutional orientation training)
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an annual Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Emergency Procedures
- Confidentiality (Title 42 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 2)
- Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (Title 45 CFR Part 164)
- Signed acknowledgement of Drug Free Workplace policy
- Signed CDCR Prison Rape Elimination Policy (PREA) form
- Participate in monthly, block, cross-training, curriculum trainings, technical assistance training or other training as appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisory: 6 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative