Filenet System P8 Administrator
Remote office (work from home)
Job Summary: The individual will primarily be responsible for the delivery, implementation, customer testing, and production support of ECM (Electronic Content Management) applications within the environment. This position is for an experienced Technical Specialist with strong knowledge of FileNet P8 systems who is self-motivated and willing to take on challenges. The ideal applicant must be able to work independently as well as within a team setting. He or she must also demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills, and be able to communicate well with customers at a senior management and a senior architect level. The candidate must possess a focus for quality with attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install/Upgrade FileNet P8 Components, Patches and Bug fixes
- Configure, maintain and support Content Engine including:
- Object Stores, Doc classes, Documents, Properties, Choice List, Indexes, Folders
- Content Search Engine, CBR Queries
- Storage Areas, Storage Policies, Fixed Content Devices
- Events, Subscriptions, Actions, Code Modules
- Bulk Operations like Search and Update
- Object Default Security, Inherited Security, Owner and Authorization
- Configure, maintain and support Application Engine including:
- Site Preferences, Access Roles, Component Manager, Workplace, Workplace XT, Search Templates, Entry Templates
- Configure, maintain and support P8 FileNet System Monitor
- Install and configure Records Manager including:
- Creating and maintaining a file plan
- Configure the primary file plan, category structure, disposition schedules, triggers, and actions
- Import and export records
- Perform backup and restore of file plan and records
- Manage and configure security
- Run RecordsManagerSweep
- Troubleshoot production problems, review trace and system logs, work with product service providers to resolve issues and open PMR’s.
- Participate in Business requirement and technical review sessions.
- Attend technical specification design meetings to understand requirements and design of the application or solution.
- Manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous infrastructure management projects/tasks, ensuring implementations meet all commitments for scope and schedule.
- Perform various infrastructure configuration and maintenance activities.
- Monitor infrastructure to ensure high level of availability and functionality to end users.
- Make recommendations for technical and process improvements as they relate to our infrastructure and applications.
- Monitor QA project activity in regards to test plans and results as related to the current project.
- Ensure installation team and support teams are familiar with the turnover and the appropriate training and support documentation is completed.
- Ensure application is meeting Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Provide on-call 24x7 support to customers to resolve issues in the production environment.
- Manage the change process for the application(s) supported.
- Coordinates changes within the overall change process.
- Communicate changes to necessary parties.
- Participates in planning sessions on application changes.
- Implement changes during the change window.
- Communicates technical issues to Product Managers and Project Managers.
- Performs other duties, project work, etc. as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience: Minimum of 4 years hands-on administrative experience with FileNet P8 in a customer facing technical support role.
- IBM FileNet P8 Administrator Version P8 4.5 – 5.2.
- FileNet P8 5.2 Administration, Enterprise Records, File Plan import/export, disposition sweeps, FileNet Deployment Manager, Content Collector, Datacap, Linux, Windows
- Broad understanding of FileNet P8 Platform Core Components and base products like CM & BPM and expansion products like Records Manager
- P8 Security Authentication, Authorization and Security Policies
- IBM Content Collector
- IBM Classification Module
- IBM Content Analytics
- IBM eDiscovery Manager
- IBM eDiscovery Analytics
- IBM WebSphere
- OnDemand 1.2.9 or later
- Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD)
- Other ECM system(s)
- TIFF and MODCA image formats
- Shell scripting or Perl
- MS Windows and MS Office tools experience
- Experience in the banking or financial industry
Credentials and Experience
Degree: BS in Computer Science
Job Type: Contract