Purpose of Position
The Duluth Trading Company Manager ensures that in this customer facing position they and each member of the store team delivers the Duluth Brand experience daily. Consistent with that the manger will direct all the activities required to achieve key business metrics through proper hiring, staff development, merchandise presentation, operational excellence, inventory controls and loss prevention.
Sales and Goals Achievement:
- Demonstrates leadership in driving sales and profitability by achieving or exceeding all established store budgeted financial goals.
- Understands the impact surrounding AOV, UPT, Conversion, Margin and Email capture and level sets employee expectations to achieve positive results. Ensures effective execution of all sales productivity initiatives.
- Directs and maintains merchandise presentation according to Visual Merchandising standards and current floor-set and product messaging.
- Effectively sets sales and promotions with proper signing and communication
- Understands merchandise assortment and allocation and how it links to traffic and buying trends. Communicates shifts to District Manager or Inventory team.
Human Resources/Leadership Skills:
- Personally demonstrates high level of customer service and engagement and sets tone and expectations for team.
- Develops an exceptional familiarity of the Duluth brand and comprehensive product knowledge to provide solution-oriented, friendly service to customers. Directs team to do the same.
- Orchestrates optimum staffing levels and floor coverage to assist and engage the customer.
- Ensures customer profile information is accurately recorded.
- Ensures Company standards for cleanliness for the sales floor, stockroom, restrooms, cash wrap and hospitality area.
- Effectively recruits, hires, trains, motivates and leads employees.
- Ensures all openings are filled on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity and company values when addressing employees.
- Exhibits sound decision-making skills and performs with a minimum of supervision; is solution based.
- Provides clear and consistent feedback to employees on a regular basis. Coaches for performance.
- Recognizes next level performance and develops a bench with progression plan to support the needs of the company.
- Ensures employee performance is accurately assessed and all Human Resource protocols and documentation are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Store and employee files are maintained according to all standards.
- Adheres to all Company guidelines, policies and programs and sets a positive example.
- Is receptive and responsive to feedback.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and discusses them with District Manager.
Knowledge and Background Requirements:
- Controls inventory and expenses.
- Directs team in handling of merchandise receipts and transfers quickly and accurately.
- Directs team in the visual merchandising of sales floor.
- Understands, executes and trains all cash handling and reporting functions
- Properly processes all register functions and ensures they are correctly followed in store.
- Ensures store is secured; responds to any alarms as directed.
- Ensures safety of employees and customers. Communicate concerns to the District Manager or Human Resources.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business Administration and /or Merchandising preferred
- Five years retail experience with a minimum of three years retail management experience.
- Highly organized and able to adapt in a growing and changing environment.
- Able to build teams, motivate, lead and influence others.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make good decisions. Able to persist through challenges.
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Exemplifies the highest standards of integrity and trust.
- Excellent communicator and listener.
- Collaborates and functions as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including nights and weekends.
- Performs other duties as directed.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day.
- Frequent reaching and bending and twisting – below waist and above shoulders.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand to finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lifting up to twenty pounds, occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds. Push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, reach and bend.
- Work in temperatures ranging from 50 - 95 degrees – especially in our stock room areas.
- Able to use common tools such as hammer, screw driver, and wrench for floor sets.
- Use of a computer up to 60 % of the time throughout the day.