Headquartered in the Bay Area with offices in Jaipur, India and Austin, Texas, Punchh is the world leader in innovative digital marketing products for brick and mortar retailers, combining AI and machine learning technologies, mobile-first expertise, and omni-channel communications designed to dramatically increase lifetime customer value. Punchh recently raised $20M in a Series B round of funding led by Sapphire Ventures. Leading global chains in the restaurant, health and beauty sectors rely on Punchh to grow revenue by building customer relationships at every stage to becoming brand loyalists, including more than 100 different chains representing more than $12B in annual spend, 30,000 locations globally, 26M+ consumers, and 1M+ transactions daily. Punchh boasts a customer list that includes Pizza Hut, Quiznos, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and many more.
Reporting directly to the Co-Founder, VP Marketing & Partnerships, the Sr Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing a content marketing strategy--including content creation, curation, and distribution--with the end goals of driving both awareness and customer acquisition. He/she will work closely with the Dir Demand Gen and marketing team on developing original content in both narrative/written form as well as visual (infographics, etc) to align with the various target personas and specific accounts.
He/she will lead the creation and implementation of marketing communication strategies at Punchh to support demand generation efforts. The ideal candidate is able to develop engaging content to attract and retain customers. This person will be responsible for developing engaging content that customers, partners, and the industry will find compelling. Our messaging must speak to these constituents across the globe, addressing a variety of needs and pain points that translates into Punchh’s value proposition. This person also acts as a gatekeeper to maintain a consistent company image, voice and market position.
We’re looking for a smart, creative and detail-oriented Sr Content Marketing Manager from any industry - enterprise, consumer or B2B2C - with demonstrable success as a content marketer, writer, and editor who loves content and want to be part of a team that sets the industry standard. The ideal candidate is a skilled storyteller, able to create and manage detailed project plans with cross-functional stakeholders and vendors, and above all, have a passion for clear articulation.
- Turn Punchh value proposition into clear and engaging stories for our customers (across all touch points including web, email, digital, and long-form copy)
- Define, research, and create compelling content, including Punchh owned research, thought leadership, and best practice guides; customize for use across different channels (web, blog, social media, collateral, video, podcasts, e-mail, interactive experiences) and in different formats
- Partner with channel owners (e.g. blog, social, email, paid media) on messaging that bolsters click-through rates and landing page content that nurtures prospects down the funnel
- Maintain the marketing content calendar
- Manage key content projects with design, subject matter experts, and executive stakeholders to ensure that high-quality assets are developed on time and on budget
- Keep current with the marketing / marketing technology industry, including influencers and trends
Ideal Candidate / Requirements
- 5+ years of professional marketing content development, journalism and/or copywriting experience
- Deep understanding of and experience in content strategy for the B2B or B2C software industry, and processes around inbound marketing, marketing campaigns, demand generation, and lead capturing and nurturing
- Prolific content creator with superb writing skills and have a passion for storytelling.
- Strong writing, proofing, and editing skills with a drive for accuracy and detail. Jumps in with copy when needed; whether it’s an email, help drafting a tweet, or thinking through headlines on a landing page
- Proven track record with published content in both traditional media and online. Strong portfolio of published or professional samples of work and completed projects in a variety of marketing communications and channels.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, results-driven, deadline focused environment
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- Entrepreneurial / self-starter in fast-paced environment
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail - copywriting and messaging skill are required.
- Ability to multi-task, triage/prioritize issues/escalations, and manage many projects simultaneously
- Analytical approach to decision-making
- Creative, resourceful, embraces a strong sense of accountability and ownership