As a Software Development Manager, you will be primarily responsible for managing the entire development team, from development, product management and QA, for the company’s flagship financial SaaS products, and ensure the entire team delivers high quality, client-ready products. This role can either be onsite in San Jose or remote.
Your impact will directly affect the product, marketing, operations, and the satisfaction of all our clients. This position provides you with the opportunity to positively impact a broad range of clients and service providers globally and across industries in a very meaningful way!
- Drive the software development effort including the off-shore team, against tight deadlines and development milestones.
- Collaborate across the organization to establish systems and processes to effectively design, develop, test and deliver the software to our clients.
- Manage, lead, and mentoring the Software and Product Development team.
- Implement efficient processes, scalable tools, and resource allocation to achieve a high level of productivity.
- Provide the necessary technical leadership skills to lead by example, assist the team in accomplishing all tasks, and demonstrate ownership and accountability for the entire engineering team.
- Play a key role as part of the leadership team to build the optimal infrastructure and corporate culture.
- Own the support, testing functions within the SW Engineering group
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing cloud hosted software applications.
- 2+ years of experience managing software development teams, with hands-on managerial, technical leadership experience.
- Experience following and enforcing professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing.
- Strong project management skills.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, customer-facing projects with evolving requirements.
- Experience with SaaS application architecture for scale and Deployment.
- Exposure to Derivative Accounting related concepts a big plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complex technical information to a variety of audiences, including non-technical leaders.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, mentoring, and performance management skills.
Hedge Trackers is a highly regarded boutique firm headquartered in the Silicon Valley providing specialized advisory and consulting services and technology solutions (CapellaFX) for corporations with foreign currency, interest rate, and commodity risk. Hedge Trackers has a strong client base that extends from the west coast to the east coast. We work with a broad range of industries and sizes, from Fortune 100 to 1000. Hedges Trackers’ success is centered in a combination of both consulting and technology so our clients get the unique service level that sets up apart from our competitors.