About the Company:
Acuity Eyecare Group (AEG) is a rapidly growing community of wholly-owned Optical Retail stores that practice Full-Scope Optometry adjacent to a well-run Dispensary. We are building a collection of small local Optical Retail businesses – primarily Optometrists -owned – and integrating them onto the AEG suite of companies. In the process, we maintain the local retail brand, Optometry staff, Store Associates, Patients/Customers – while making investments that enable the team take better care of the patients and customers in their neighborhood. The core purpose that unifies all of our Doctors and Associates is to “improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time”.
We believe that to stand out and be number one, we must follow a set of guiding values. Our values include:
PEOPLE FIRST * COLLABORATION * ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT * FOCUS * ACCOUNTABILITY
We are assembling an all-star team of experienced industry professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work, shop, invest, and have an outstanding patient experience. To apply, please go to https://www.acuityeyecaregroup.com/careers
About the Opportunity
The Store Manager “SM” is responsible for driving top line sales, increasing margin, controlling payroll expenses and increasing profitability to meet the Company’s overall business objectives of providing professional eye exams, competitive prices, quality product selection, acceptance of vision insurance plans and remarkable customer service. The SM has accountability of all aspects of store operations. The SM is also the champion of our people development programs through coaching, mentoring and performance management. The matching incumbent will be passionate about people, patient care and the customer experience.
- Applies leadership, creative thinking and analytical skills to improve individual store sales and profit performance and is an expert in solving operational issues.
- Builds an effective store team that work collaboratively to achieve results
- Addresses the store’s unique strengths and challenges
- Establishes clear objectives for store staff, communicates expectations with clarity and sets high standards of expectations for performance
- Sets the standard for a remarkable customer/patience service experience.
- Identifies and selects top talent that matches AEG’s values
- Works closely with District Manager with the objective of achieving and exceeding financial plans for the store.
- Learns quickly and adapts to facing new problems; works to solve for a creative solution
- Relentless style to achieving results
- Versatile learner; retains an open mind when adapting to change
- Marshals resources to get tasks done efficiently; can orchestrate many activities to accomplish the goal of driving sales through superior service
- Ensures the daily sales are reviewed daily and identifies gaps and places solutions in place to close the gap
- Reinforces the store selling strategy
- Protects the company through loss prevention
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure that employees are committed to the handbook guidelines
Strives to achieve all targets in the following areas:
- Remarkable customer service scores
- Sales to Plan
- Controlling labor
- Store Operating Profit to Plan
- Exam Growth and Patient Retention
- Assistant Office Manager
- Doctor’s Assistant
- Lead Optician
- Patient Care Representative
Physical / Mental Demands:
Individuals in the position must meet and maintain the physical & mental ability to
- Perform in a normal office environment
- Maintain the manual dexterity required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to stand and walk in various period intervals
Key Style Characteristics:
- Bias For Action / Entrepreneurialism - Willingness to “roll up her/his sleeves” and work in a lean fast paced start-up environment
- Collaboration – Comfortable working in decision making teams and ability to influence employees positively
- Simplicity / Focus – Ability to focus on a few important items that matter and truly drive results.
- People First – AEG is building a culture where people matter. Incumbent will positively influence whenever possible.
- Adaptability – The ability to retain an open mind for change, ability to move in different direction, ability to remain bias free.
- Critical Thinking – Must be able to make well-thought out recommendations using data
- Accountable – Must stand behind commitments, take responsibility for words/actions and be accountable for individual and team goals.
- Resilience – Ability to cope and maintain emotional separation from issues; ability to manage stress and be graceful in stressful situations
- Competitive Base Salary
- Expense Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, Basic Life, Voluntary
- Matching 401k
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Optical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Employees working per shift:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply