Real Estate Property Inspector
About Vision Government Solutions
Vision Government Solutions is a leading high-tech firm providing cutting-edge software and services to the public sector. Our organization is at an incredible inflection point and we are looking for people to join our data collection team.
Why This Opportunity is Different
This is an incredible opportunity to grow and develop a career as many of our senior leadership team members started at Vision as data collectors. Learn the appraisal business from the ground-up with the largest firm in New England who conducts more revaluations than any other vendor.
The Data Collector is the most visible member of the appraisal process to the general public. We are seeking growth driven professionals who want to launch their career in the appraisal industry. Our best people have come from a variety of professional and education backgrounds, so experience is not our sole focus. We are looking for ambition, talent, and a focus on professional development.
The Data Collector will inspect various residential, commercial and agricultural properties for revaluation purposes. In many cases, this individual will be the only person that the taxpayer may see and must be able to communicate effectively and professionally to explain the purpose of the visit.
- Accurately record all required data on the collection form that will be pertinent to the valuation of the property.
- Interact effectively and professionally with taxpayers to neutralize any misgivings on their part regarding the inspection process.
- Anticipate unusual situations and make quick and responsible decisions.
- Submit on a timely basis, accurate production and corresponding reports, such as timesheets, expense reports and other prescribed company documents.
- Adhere to dress code.
- Willing to travel to municipalities within Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and other New England states (when needed).
Who We Are Looking For
The right person will have demonstrated the following skills and traits whether in their past or in the interview process:
- Desire to learn and grow in the real estate appraisal field.
- Incredible attention to detail to ensure only the most accurate data for later statistical analysis.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt to different stakeholders to ensure positive taxpayer experiences.
- Exhibit the flexibility necessary to multi-task and perform contracted services in multiple communities as needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate unusual situations and make quick and responsible decisions.
- Spatial ability to read maps and locate a physical location on a map.
- Ability to visualize floor plan footprints based on three-dimensional buildings.
- Good math skills to calculate square footage, ratios, and similar functions.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time (8-hour work day). Bending, stretching, and kneeling are part of the daily routine.
- Climbing stairs and the ability to carry 5-10 lbs of equipment throughout the workday is required.
- Ability to work out doors for long periods of time with constant exposure to the elements.
- Must have reliable transportation. Hours include some evenings to 7 PM and, or Saturdays, and you must be able to pass background/MVR check.
All necessary mass appraisal training will be provided to the right candidate. We are willing to train motivated, hardworking individuals. Most importantly, you should enjoy working outdoors, and demonstrate qualities of reliability, accuracy, and consistency.
- High School Degree (Required)
- Real estate courses (Optional)
- Mail carriers experience a plus (Optional)
- Starting salary commensurate with experience
- Tiered salary levels based on prior experience.
Vision Government Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Only full-time employees eligible