Shipping and Receiving Technician Description:
We are currently seeking a responsible, experienced shipping and receiving technician.
Candidates for this position must have the ability to lift and move 20-70 pounds without difficulty or seek assistance to ensure the integrity of customer parts
Excellent attention to detail, great communication skills, and basic computer skills.
Candidate MUST be able to follow written instructions
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, identify, and take photos of suspect or damaged items.
- Receive in customer parts in to ERP system and create job travelers for the correct batch size.
- Inventory Management
- Record shortages and notify Production manager to report any shortages or discrepancies to customers.
- Inspect all customer parts and "scan-in" receiving paperwork to inform the production team of new orders.
- MUST pay close attention to detail and interact with leadership to identify potential damage to customer parts.
- Validate 100% sign-off on job travelers.
- Accurately communicate all issues to team leader following the designated chain of command.
- Required to follow work instructions with 100% accuracy.
- Determine method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures as directed by the Job Traveler.
- Prepare outgoing shipments to ensure that all packages meet customer specifications.
- Other Responsibilities as assigned by Production manager or team lead.
- The ability to pay close attention to fine details
- Ability to lift 20-70 pounds without difficulty
- Be flexible and float to other areas in as needed.
- Must be self-directing with ability to work autonomously.
- Read, understand, and accurately follow written instructions
- Accurately record work steps performed by signing off on job travelers
- Maintain a strict attendance policy
- US Citizen
MicroTek Finishing is located near the IKEA store in West Chester, Ohio. We are the exclusive provider of the Micro Machining Process (MMP) in North America. MMP is a precision Super-finishing technology utilized by many industries, including Aerospace, Medical, Transmission, Tooling, and Luxury Goods. MicroTek is a small, rapidly growing company, offering its customers exciting new surface finishing solutions to enhance the performance and life of their products.
MicroTek Finishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a compensation and benefit package that is commensurate with the ideal candidate’s experience and ability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Shipping and Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)