The Defense & Intelligence Group has a current opening for a Software Developer for Cloud Migration at our Client site in Herndon, VA.
The GIMS Next (GEOINT Information Management Services) Program provides critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. GIMS operates on multiple hardware platforms and combines COTS software with a custom built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevOps and Agile principles. These software development methods emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals. Operational stability is the program’s number one priority.
Recent direction from our Customer’s Deputy Director has levied the requirement for programs to move all environments (i.e., Operations, Test, and Development) at all security levels into the government cloud. Given this direction, a major focus of the program over the next two years with be the systematic migration of all environments to the government controlled cloud, without impacting ongoing software delivery initiatives. Therefore, focus will continue on critical Mission Partner development activities over the next 18 months.
As a member of the Software Development Team, the selected individual will be required to be part of an agile scrum team and be knowledgeable in the technologies described below.
As a member of the ASP Framework Services Team, the selected individual will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting Java applications as they interact with Weblogic and Tomcat.
- Providing continuous environment support to development, test, and operational environments to include application deployments.
- Creating installation / monitoring scripts to streamline software deployment
- Installing COTS/GOTS and custom software.
- Developing Web and UNIX/Windows engineering tools.
- Developed automated tests for complex mission threads.
- Create and troubleshoot Chef Recipes.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates agile software development activities.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
- Experience with agile development practices and associated tools (i.e., Version One).
- Experience with COTS integration with the following tools: Elastic Search, Kibana, Hadoop, and Docker.
- Experience with the deployment architecture (Conductor, Jenkins, CMDB, Storm, Kafka, Zookeeper, Consul, CHEF)
The candidate must have a current government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Experience with Ozone Widget Framework (OWF) development & integration experience. Program development processes, Agile practices, GIMS architecture, BPEL, Oracle Weblogic Application Server or comparable app server, Database (Oracle), ANT, Crystal Reports, CSS, Java Server Faces or AJAX, XSLT, UNIX/LINUX OS, PL/SQL query development, HTML, CSS, DODAF, Selenium
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.