Coppersmith is a dynamic cafe and restaurant located on the cusp of Seaport, South Boston, and Fort Point neighborhoods. We are seeking passionate, self-motivated and detail oriented baristas for cafe located inside Coppersmith Boston restaurant and bar. Cafe operates weekdays 7am to 4pm and weekends 7am to 3pm. Our main coffee roaster in Counter Culture Coffee and our tea provider is MEM tea. Our equipment is top of the line including La Marzocco espresso machine. Barista with previous cafe experience preferred. Must have a passion for coffee and willingness to learn!
For more information about Coppersmith, please visit us at www.coppersmithboston.com
- Participate in trainings and execute MEM tea and Counter Culture Coffee Company products
- Work with top of the line equipment including La Marzocco Espresso machines
- Make coffee, tea and other café offerings to spec to ensure quality and uphold our standards
- Stay current with Coppersmith coffee offerings and recipes through cuppings and information provided to you by our Tea and Coffee vendors.
- Take coffee, tea and other drink orders as well as enter lunch orders
- Prep F&B items including coffee, cold brew, pastries, etc.
- Dial in and serve a variety of coffees in a variety of different brewing methods including but not limited to: espresso, pour over, and cold brew
- Make a variety of espresso based drinks including espressos, cappuccinos, lattes, etc.
- Learn alternative brew methods including pour overs, french press,
- Participate in overall operations and engage in being a part of the team
- Provide impeccable customer service and lead by example
- Be extremely punctual, tidy and clean in appearance (adhering to the Coppersmith uniform policy at all times)
- Work with a small team to prepare and serve beverages and some food items from the coffee bar and kitchen
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment
- One or more years experience in a café barista positions
- Previous experience making coffee, espresso, smoothie etc beverages
- Prior food and beverage experience is a plus
- Experience in cash handling
- A love and respect of delicious coffee and tea
- Impeccable interpersonal skills
- A love for hospitality
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)* Basic math and computer skills
- Cash handling experience
Job Type: Part-time
- barista: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)