MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Executive Office is a group of diverse teams that shapes corporate strategy, culture, and brand. Whether communicating with employees, managing our brand, or articulating our strategy to investors and analysts, our work directly impacts how the firm is viewed by a variety of crucial stakeholders. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Brand and Content Strategy Social Media Strategist will be a key member of the social media team within the Brand and Content Strategy group and will support social media activities across Goldman Sachs globally.
The Social Media Strategist will help manage the creation and execution of social media campaigns across social media properties such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn. This person will assist in crafting and executing the firm’s social media strategy to build brand awareness and help expand and strengthen our social presences. In addition to supporting the management of these communities, this person will also help manage firm relationships with social platforms and agencies. The Social Media Strategist will manage long-lead editorial calendars, and create and execute paid media campaigns to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
The Brand and Content Strategy group is responsible for managing the external facing brand of Goldman Sachs and creating content that explains our businesses, the work we do for clients, and sharing insights on key trends and themes shaping the global economy. We create content that is distributed via goldmansachs.com, social media, paid media campaigns and native advertising, among other platforms. Our team also manages the firm’s presence on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and the GS.com website. We manage marketing for firm recruitment efforts (partnering with Human Capital Management), the philanthropic efforts of the Office of Corporate Engagement (e.g., 10,000 Women, 10,000 Small Businesses), conferences and speaker series, along with agency and outside vendor sourcing.
Social Media Management
- Help manage the firm’s social media presences working both within our group, internally and with agency partners
- Effectively reaching our audiences and achieve meaningful engagement with them via our content
- Assist with the conception, creation and execution of social media marketing campaigns and amplifications
- With our agencies, execute and manage paid campaigns across all Goldman Sachs social media channels
- Create, curate, and maintain content calendars, including writing posts for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other online content
- Support day-to-day social media efforts, including real-time social media requests from key internal stakeholders across the Executive Office and the firm as a whole
- Fact-check, proofread and gain the needed approvals for real-time social media requests
- Execute live video on social such as Facebook Live, Twitter Live and YouTube Live
Listening & Reporting
- Utilize social listening tools, such as Crimson Hexagon, Nuvi, and Spredfast Intelligence to generate insights
- Partner with our team, agencies and vendors to help translate our social media data into actionable reports that lead to optimization
- Partner with compliance and senior stakeholders to monitor comments and help determine when to respond and escalate, if appropriate
- Enforce Social Media Guidelines with the goal of safeguarding social media properties from offensive or off-topic comments
- 4-6+ years of experience managing social media for brands or publishers
- Undergraduate degree in liberal arts or communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong editorial judgment, writing skills and attention to detail
- Very savvy user of essential social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram)
- Creative mindset, intellectually curious and interested in illuminating the firm’s thinking in accessible, clever ways
- Passion for and experience with managing social media presences and an interest in the latest digital trends
- Experience using social media listening tools a plus (e.g. Spredfast Intelligence, Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Sysomos, Nuvi)
- Proficient in social media publishing tools (e.g., Spredfast, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Background in working with and managing agencies and social media community managers
- Experience leading live video executions on social such as Facebook Live, Twitter Live and YouTube Live
- Working understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design services and/or experience in video production (Final Cut Pro) is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Proactive, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.