Position: Engineer One
Reports To: Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer
Purpose of the Position:
To provide advanced technical repairs and maintenance to all hotel systems, equipment and physical features.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce accurate logs, charts and PM forms.
- Safely operate central HVAC equipment and mechanical equipment using sound engineering practices and specified corporate operating procedures.
- Trouble-shoot electrical and pneumatic problems, and repair them as quickly and economically as possible.
- Maintain all fire safety equipment operations and implement emergency procedures when required.
- Respond to any HVAC calls or room calls as a priority.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment and all work performed.
- Maintain a high standard of safety and cleanliness in the department and work areas; adhere to the clean-as-you-go policy.
- Accurately and efficiently repair and maintain the following.
- all food production and related kitchen equipment;
- all laundry equipment;
- all ice machines and refrigeration systems;
- all boilers and plumbing systems;
- all air conditioning/heating equipment and systems
- all electrical and natural gas distribution systems.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on an on-going basis.
- Accurately and efficiently test, operate and maintain building emergency systems on a monthly or quarterly basis as outlined in company’s Fire Life Checklist.
- Maintain the preventive maintenance schedule on a monthly or quarterly basis as outlined in company’s Fire Life Safety Checklist.
- Specify and order tools, parts, materials and supplies, following the hotel purchase order or requisition system.
- Assist other members of the Engineering Department as needed.
- Work with outside contractors.
- Repair interior and exterior finishes.
Job Knowledge, Skills and other Requirements:
- Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
- Efficiently operate small hand tools such as drills, grinders, saws, etc.
- Safely climb ladders and stairs.
- Efficiently and safely operate machinery such as key cutter, drill press, radial arm saw, etc.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and boiler systems.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry heavy objects such as boxes, televisions, ladders, etc.
- Read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, blueprints, schematic drawings and technical parts breakdown.
- Efficiently operate all building systems.
- Produce accurate written technical reports.
- Efficiently maintain and repair equipment.
- Work in a hot or cold environment.
- Lift, climb, push, pull, bend, walk, stand, reach, handle and stoop in order to maintain and repair equipment.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.50 /hour