Full Job Description
The Administrative Office of
The Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Charleston, West Virginia
Position open until filled. Posted 2019 07/02
The Administrative Office of the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia (“AO”) announces the following professional opportunity within its Technology Services Division, headquartered in Charleston, West Virginia. The Technology Services Division is responsible for all technology-related matters for the Court System of the State of West Virginia, including the Administrative Offices of the Supreme Court of Appeals. The position is Tier 2 Programmer Analyst, briefly described as follows.
TIER 2 PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Position Purpose: The Tier 2 Programmer Analyst position is an advanced technical position responsible for the proper and efficient programming, debugging, integration and maintenance of the organizations application systems.
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of experience in a related area. Experience in technical field may replace bachelor’s degree.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Plans, designs, tests, implements, and documents application software systems.
- Develops specifications for new and existing systems including design requirements and software lifecycle planning.
- Analyzes system and program requirements, and determines best approach to solve problems and issues.
- Provides queries and reports.
- Provides post-production support.
- Assists with project management and tracking including development of project plans, deliverables validation and acceptance, communications, and issue escalation.
- Develops and coordinates prototypes and demonstrations.
- Assesses applications for consolidation and process improvements.
- Assists with evaluating and maintaining system security, availability, and integrity.
- Assists with the evaluation of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications.
- Assists with development of standards to provide quality, ease of integration, and continuity between applications.
- Ensures and maintains the proper documentation and configuration/change management for all activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of software development.
- MS SQL/T-SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience with Visual Studio, VB.Net, C#, APEX, Oracle Forms, and source control.
- Familiarity with cloud based services such as Azure.
- Some knowledge of mobile application development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction, work in teams as well as independently.
Criminal Background Check: All successful candidates must submit to a criminal background check.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications,
- Medical Insurance,
- Optional Flexible Benefits Coverage (dental, vision, disability, and excess medical),
- Life insurance,
- Defined benefit pension plan,
- Section 457 deferred compensation plan, 12 paid holidays, and
- Annual and sick leave.
THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE (AO) OF THE COURTS:
The AO, located in Charleston, West Virginia, provides administrative direction and support to all elements of the state judiciary.
West Virginia Courts. West Virginia has a Unified Court System, under which all state courts, including Circuit Courts, Magistrate Courts, and Family Courts, are supervised and administered by the Supreme Court of Appeals. The Supreme Court of Appeals is also the state’s only appellate court. The Supreme Court of Appeals and its Administrative Office are located in Charleston and housed in the State Capitol Complex. More information about West Virginia’s Courts can be found on our website at www.courtswv.gov.
Equal Opportunity in Employment. It is the policy of the West Virginia judiciary to provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons, and to recruit, select, train, promote, retain, and discipline without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. Further, it is the policy of the West Virginia judiciary to maintain a professional workplace in which individuals are accorded respect, and an environment free of harassment, including verbal or physical conduct that creates an intimidating or hostile environment for any individual on any prohibited basis. As an employer with an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan, the Court complies with government regulations and related Equal Employment Responsibilities where applicable.
To apply for this position, direct the following application materials:
- Cover Letter,
- Professional References (at least three, including current contact information),
- Signed Court Employment Application (available on Court website), and
- Signed, Notarized Release for Criminal/Background Check (available on Court website).
Insert TIER 2 PROGRAMMER ANALYST in the email Subject line.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 4 years (Required)