Service of food and/or beverage according to the banquet event order. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
(Average Percent of Time)
15% Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
20% Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner. Explain food items on event order and understand potential food allergies to provide alternative options to guests.
25% When directed by captain, retrieve order from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift, and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments, abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests. Serve all courses promptly as directed by captain.
15% Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
25% Clean up in front and back of the house, following perimeters set by captain
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the hotel.
· Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking supplies.
· Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
· Ability to transport up to 40 lb., on a service tray, through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
· Ability to perform all duties within extreme temperature ranges including
prolonged outdoor exposure.
· Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
· Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
· Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
· Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
· Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 40 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
· Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Food safety handlers permit, Responsible vendor, and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miramar Beach, FL 32550: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person