Quality Manager – Stamping and Metal Fabrication
Provides leadership for the Quality Team.
Responsible for advanced quality planning, supplier quality assurance, quality support for manufacturing, managing inspection, customer complaints, and product submission. Leadership role in the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards ISO 9001:2015 compliance.
Collaborate with peers across all departments to promote a culture of quality, innovation, and excellence. Must work within partnership other department’s supervisors, managers, and customers to help achieve the common goal-maximum production and delivery of quality parts. Develop and maintain effective two-way communication with other departments concerning plans, new developments, and quality improvement programs.
As a member of the Operations Team, actively leads and influences efforts to improve product quality and process capability.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of quality activities.
- Serves as ISO management rep.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Own and manage the effort to continuously improve quality by using proven QA processes and metrics.
- Bring together a staff of different disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Own and direct all aspects of the company's quality.
- Approves all material return request.
- Responsible for coordinating resolution of all customer concerns pertaining to products shipped.
- Works with customers to validate all internal systems that contribute to product quality.
- Establishing standards of service for customers or clients, liaising with customers’ auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring all products meet quality standards.
- Works with production, tool room, and engineering personnel to ensure proper implementation of quality standards.
- Approves discrepant material reports as appropriate with sound judgment. Assessing the product specifications of the Company and its suppliers, comparing with customer requirements.
Methods & Procedures
- Responsible for implementation and/or maintenance of ISO9001:2015, quality manual and all other quality systems and procedures.
- Responsible for gage & equipment control.
- Manage and maintain the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes, and finished goods.
- Manage the internal audit and calibration systems to ensure the integrity of process standards.
- Responsible for supervising and maintaining a cost-effective
- Performs all personnel appraisals.
- Maintains discipline in-accordance with Company policy.
- Develops training material and conducts training sessions on quality.
- Supervises personnel who have continuous interactions with customers. product design, manufacturing engineering, suppliers, purchasing and managers at all levels of the company.
- Bachelor's (substantial relevant experience will be considered)
- Quality Leadership experience: 8 years (Required)
- Ability to appropriate make decisions on the release or containment of parts for the customer.
- Stamping experience strongly preferred.
- SPC, Blueprint reading, GDT, PPAP ISO documentation course, lead auditor training, supervisory training, and related quality training.
- Experience in implementing and managing an ISO9001:2015 quality management system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Availability for off-hours calls.
Hours: Full time, salaried position
Location: Holland / Grand Haven / Muskegon, MI area
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts