We have an immediate opening for an IT Administrator in our New Hyde Park, NY office.
· Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
· Plans, implements, and supports the network and computing infrastructure plan
· Installs the necessary hardware and software to set up a computer network, and customizes it to meet the needs of the company.
· Support Network infrastructure LAN, VPN, WAN, Firewalls
· Administer Active Directory with Group Policies
· Ensure design of the system allows all components to work properly together.
· Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
· Maintain and monitor the network, system efficiency, and security.
· Move computer stations from one place to another.
· Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
· Deploy and Manage mobile devices for all users
· Manages small to medium sized projects according to agreed upon budgets and schedules.
· Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
· Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
· Assist after business hours during emergencies or request and be able to work on planned weekends
Qualifications and Skills:
· 5+ years’ experience in system administration with Windows Server 2012 R2 and its server roles
· 2+ years’ experience in Database Administration with Microsoft SQL server 2014 or higher
· Experience with Server Virtualization Microsoft Hyper-V 2012
· Experience with Network Administration (TCP/IP, VPN, LAN, WAN, NAS, DHCP, SMTP, Switching and Routing, Wi-Fi, Firewalls) Network+ certification preferred
· Experience with Dell PowerEdge line servers in hardware and software
· Experience with Linux Servers and Open Source products
· Experience with Windows 7,10 and Microsoft Office suite products to support end-users
· Data Disaster Recovery planning with Acronis and Altaro VM Backup
· Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues with Kaspersky Security Center and Meraki System Manager
· Experience with Cloud technologies: Azure, AWS
· Experience managing Android, iOS mobile devices (phone and tablets) with MDM tools (Kaspersky and Meraki)
· Technical repair & troubleshooting of servers, computers, printers and peripherals
What We Offer:
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing company who values honesty, integrity and employee growth, please reply back with your updated resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time