Merakey is seeking Behavioral Health Professional Navigator to join the Adult Behavioral Health division in our Sharon Hill, PA location.
- Provide behavioral health assessment of the psychological and social factors affecting an individual and promote a person's awareness of how these factors affect overall wellness including substance use issues.
- Encourage a person to identify his/her physical and behavioral health care concerns.
- Educate medical providers about behavioral healthcare needs.
- Review of plan-based Member Profiles when available to identify gaps in behavioral health service.
- Education of BH providers about a person's medical needs.
- Follow up with needs identified in nursing physical assessment.
- Counsel when needed.
- Assess and intervene in crisis situations.
- Assess the level of behavioral health care needs and provide coordination when identified.
- Use of best practices including motivational interviewing and stage of change specific intervention.
- Perform group, family and educational intervention as needed.
- Education of family/allies about behavioral health issues.
- Coordination and consultation with all members of the team and the person.
- Intervene and mediate conflict situations.
- Education and consultation to other BH care providers (including BCM, residential staff, etc.) about general health issues and issues specific to each individual.
- Active connection with community-based support group opportunities for the person (i.e. Dual Recovery; AA/NA; MH Consumer Assoc; DBSA, etc.)
- Direct intervention and advocacy in situations where care appears to be restricted or denied because of the person's behavioral health challenges.
- Development, in partnership with the person and other members of the team, of integrated health wellness plans.
- Assist the person in the development of medical and psychiatric advance directives.
- Develop an active partnership with other Navigators and agencies that communicate strategies which align, coordinate, and integrate all care.
- Assessment of home environment for safety issues, health dangers and conduciveness to recovery.
- Educate and support the use of self-management strategies to increase the participation of the person in their own health care.
- Active participation in program specific QA/AI initiatives.
- Coordination with Offices of Aging, Development Disabilities, Drug and Alcohol and any others as applicable.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, Virginia, and Tennessee.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Counseling or related clinical field of study.
- Minimum 3 years direct mental health care experience.
- Training and professional experience in co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. Experience in Motivational Interviewing, co-occurring disorders, trauma informed care or other related areas preferred but not required.
- Experience in integrated primary and behavioral health care a plus.
- Training in integrated primary and behavioral health care is part of the initial employment orientation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled