Territory covers accounts in Eastern Iowa. The position can be reasonably located in a Eastern Iowa - preference would be Cedar Rapids or Iowa City.
The Regional Account Manager (RAM) is responsible for being the primary contact and key relationship manager for assigned Veterinary Clinics, Pork Producer Accounts, and prospect acounts. The RAM is responsible for developing account plans designed to maximize Zoetis sales within assigned accounts. The RAM is a leader and trusted business partner responsible for developing intimate knowledge of the Customer’s business, serving as the account “expert or quarterback”, coordinating and leading all Zoetis activities with the assigned accounts utilizing all resources. This position will require overnight travel that will vary with the specific account assignment and locations.
Responsible for developing and growing collaborative business partnerships with all business units of the assigned customer(s). This approach will include but not be limited to:
o In-depth understanding of the customer as demonstrated and communicated through a comprehensive business plan
o Conducting activities and interactions that deepen our strategic partnerships and grow the Zoetis portfolio within assigned accounts
o Demonstrating the value of our portfolio by understanding our customer’s needs, segments they sell into and the steps necessary to demonstrate value.
o Effective use and data entry of all appropriate CRM functionality
o Leading the support team for the account(s) effectively to maximize realization of sales
Develops, coordinates and guides the Account(s) strategy, which is designed to position Zoetis as a “Trusted Advisor” and optimize revenue for all key products, within assigned Account(s).
Leads all aspects of the Account’s business plan development and execution.
Negotiates and manages strategic agreements, programs, Professional Education Initiatives (PEI) and Value Models with the assigned account(s) to optimize business results.
Works with all relevant Zoetis stakeholders/departments.. (including but not limited to Pork Leadership Team, Account Managers, Technical Services, Outcomes Research, Marketing, Account Based Marketing, Pricing, Business Operations, Pork Production Specialists, Sales Support, and , Zoetis Sr. Management) to influence product/service positioning working at all to times support the account(s) and Zoetis’ best interests.
· Provides insight to Zoetis management on account(s) market, business and growth strategies to assist in defining long term relationship strategies and supporting product promotions.
· Coordinates within the account(s) to understand and interact with all levels of production, management, ownership, service, and leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 4 year Bachelors Degree in Animal Science, Ag Business, Pre-Vet, Ag Economics, Marketing, or similar degree
· Minimum 5 years of Excellent Sales Performance and/or Pork/Livestock Production Experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Strong understanding of Modern Pork Production Practices
· Proven knowledge and successful working relationships with large, complex accounts.
· Strong communication and presentation skills are a must.
· Negotiation Skills
· Strong Technical background in animal health practices and products,
· Strong Understanding of Business relationships between all facets of the Pork Productions Chain including but not limited to the following production, veterinarians, packers, processors, sales, marketing, distribution, and consumer outlets.
· Strong organizational, account management, and people skills.
· Strong Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, ability to learn Zoetis Systems)
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to work in modern pork production facilities, climibing gates, walking pens, working among pigs of all sizes and ages
· Implementation of modern pork production practices
· Ability to travel with varying need for overnight stays based on account location and need
· Ability for limited but some weekend/evening work based on customer and business meeting needs.
· Role covers accounts in Eastern Iowa. Strong Preference to be located in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City, IA.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.