Position Summary :
Under the general direction of the Senior Foreman, the General Foreman II is in charge of implementing the day to day services to our customer by planning and scheduling work crews, tracking cost, and taking ownership of the safety processes that fall under his/her responsibility. General Foreman II will lead by example and enforce company policies. General Foreman II will be responsible for the equipment assigned to him/her making sure it is operating in a safe manner, being serviced, repaired, and maintained in good working order. General Foreman II will be a mentor to the workforce using his/her skills and knowledge to train the employees working under his/her direction. General Foreman II will also be held accountable at the end of the day to ensure the company is profitable in his/her area of business.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performance tracking, develop, track and report out on Key Performance Indicators.
- Ability to read IFC Drawings, interpret building standards and building MTO’s.
- Monitor cost of your projects which includes determining the best equipment utilization of each projects on equipment cost-purchase and rental.
- Must be a leader in driving safety performance and target a zero incident rate by making safety performance a core value.
- Participates in the safety development in the day to day operations. Delivers training to the workforce in classroom settings. Develops job safety plans, implements, and maintains comprehensive programs, in the areas of industrial hygiene, general safety, environmental health, and fire safety; develops preventive programs to identify and reduce risks from potential hazards in the workplace.
- Works with risk management personnel to develop and implement employee injury prevention strategies and program(s); monitors program effectiveness and makes adjustments as necessary. Conduct incident investigations. Review monthly inspection records.
- Plan equipment scheduling to obtain the most value each day.
- Communicate with customers and build good strong relationships.
- Manage and coordinate sub-contractors.
- Develops and establishes policies and objectives consistent with those of the company to ensure efficient operation of individual working under your direction.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel action; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Oversees activities of vendors, suppliers and employees. Administers and monitors for compliance and cost controls; performs quality control inspections to ensure our vendors and suppliers adhere to specifications and industry standards.
- Work with operations & training to develop training requirements for your employees
- Spend time in the field to understand job steps and how they relate to the process
- Learn the concepts of value stream mapping and generate maps for each process
- Adhere to Mission, Vision and Value Statements.
- Research training programs with the training department and format them for delivery
- Work with operations to develop standard work procedures for each core activity under your direction.
- Delivers group and individual training and instruction covering specified areas, such as those concerned with employee orientation, on-the-job training, use of computers and software, health and safety practices, public relations, and leadership development.
- Implement Lean thinking concepts such as value stream mapping, Kaizen log for tracking improvements, implement kaizen events, 5S the facility, and train employees how to see and eliminate waste in your processes.
- Work with the operations group to track and report out two times a year in our business plan meeting with our customer.
- Recommends and participates in the development of EHS policies and procedures; may serve on policy-making committees
- Make recommendations to the managers on the best personal protective equipment
- Lead work improvement teams.
- Input employee and equipment time into Company software.
- Attend Supervisor meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned by the customers and supervisor.
Requirements of the Position:
- Effective listening, communication (written and verbal), and negotiating skills.
- Sound judgment and decision making ability.
- Able to perform business math (compute, percentages, ratio’s, statistics).
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic sourcing.
- Strong leadership, motivation, and managerial skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player whom works productively with a wide range of people.
- Comfort in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solving and analytical ability.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Demonstrated competency in budgeting, forecasting, and planning.
- Complies with equal opportunity laws, regulations, and company policies related to discrimination in hiring, terminations, promotion, compensation, including sexual harassment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, financial, project management, and inventory control software.
- High school diploma.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years plus of supervisory experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience in maintaining the budget.
- Experience in working with sub-contractors helpful.
- Experience in an Oil and Gas Industries helpful.
- Experience in implementing safety programs.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and State automobile insurance and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout.
- Completion of substance abuse screening upon offer of employment.
- Ability to travel to RHC satellite offices and location as requested.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- This position may require long periods of sitting at a workstation performing computer related activities. Thus, there may be exposure to eye strain, joint discomfort, and other physical characteristics related to functional ergonomics. It is important to monitor the duration of prolonged computer activity and stretch, stand, and refocus eyes on a periodic basis.
- Some overtime and weekends will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 5 years (Required)
- Oil & Gas Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Business Math: 4 years (Required)
- Budget Management: 5 years (Required)