Learn2Code.Live taps into current university students and recent grads to enable high quality computer science education at K-12 schools via virtual and in-person coding programs at before, during and after-school programs.
Learn2Code.Live (www.learn2code.live) is looking for enthusiastic, high-energy computer science instructors and assistants. This is a part-time position. Your schedule will depend on your availability and flexibility to drive to schools in Houston area during and after school hours.
We are looking for instructors who are passionate about teaching, and are outgoing, personable and empathetic towards students. The instructor must be able to work in a classroom environment alongside teachers and/or independently in school, after-school and summer programs.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning
- Be present at the assigned school at the assigned day and time for classes committed to
- Be punctual, reliable, organized and efficient to run an effective class and make sure students are always supervised
- Follow curriculum, administer tests, assignments and projects, grade students' work
- Monitor student progress and provide help to ensure course objectives are achieved
- Advise students and provide feedback as required to achieve positive academic progress
- Inspire and motivate students; identify and apply a variety of learning styles
- Update grades and course content on the LMS in a timely manner
- Work effectively with school administration, teachers and students to achieve the goals and mission of the college
- Provide feedback from classroom experience into curriculum development, instructional methods, objectives and philosophy
- Work independently and be a self-starter to go through our training materials
- Communicate via email and phone with us on a daily basis
- Computer science student or recent computer science grad (GPA 3.5 or above)
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience is highly preferred
- Very comfortable with technology and using computers
- Ability to think on feet and be assertive and creative to keep kids engaged while teaching
- Must have a valid drivers license and be able to drive to schools
- Must be comfortable teaching kids including elementary, middle and high school students
Job Type: Temporary