This requisition is for the Chief Architect role within the Lockheed Martin Rotary Mission Systems (RMS) Airborne Electronic Warfare (EW) organization supporting government airborne platforms. The successful candidate will have hands on experience with the development of EW systems/subsystems. This is a senior position that requires a highly motivated individual with demonstrated exemplary communication skills as well as customer interface experience. It is not unusual to have multiple concurrent responsibilities, so being highly organized and having a follow-through mindset is critical.
This role will be expected to perform the following duties for the RMS Airborne EW Organization:
- Responsible for the design and development of the Electronic Warfare Product-Line Architecture.
- Focused on maintaining the architectural integrity of current EW programs.
- Work with the EW Chief Engineer to develop the strategic roadmap to meet the RMS Airborne EW Organization long range goals.
- Pursue new technology concepts and support the business area in obtaining IR&D and CR&D to develop these concepts.
- Support proposal capture and development activities. Prepare and review technical write-ups for these activities.
- Support to Internal and External design reviews, tiger teams, etc.
- Have significant interface and support to the RMS Airborne EW Program Director as well as Senior customer and LM executives.
- Support Business Travel as needed.
Lockheed Martin Owego provides Electronic Warfare Systems Engineering expertise for a wide variety of airborne platforms used by the Department of Defense and International military customers. The Owego campus has over 45 years supporting EW development with over 3000 systems developed and fielded Worldwide.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse, New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours’ drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live and work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong Leader that is able to lead diverse teams
- Significant Experience with designing/developing/integrating EW systems
- Active Secret clearance with an ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- SIGINT (COMINT and/or ELINT) background
- Operational Threat analysis background
- Active Top Secret/SCI
- DOD customer experience
- Mission data (Intel) development
- Algorithm development, including passive location, Angle of Arrival and Identification
- Embedded Software development
- Hardware Design development
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.