Job Posting – Customer Service Manager
At Fabric.com we are fast becoming the leading online fabric store that offers custom measured and cut fabrics, as well as patterns, sewing tools and accessories directly to end consumers. Located just outside Atlanta, the webstore has developed a significant and loyal customer base. Fabric.com is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a publically traded Fortune 100 parent company, located in Seattle, Washington.
Fabric.com is seeking bright, articulate, enthusiastic, detail-oriented applicants with a desire to help us exceed our customers’ expectations. This position reports to the CEO. The Customer Service Manager represents our mission to deliver Timely, Accurate and Professional customer service to all customers. The Customer Service Manager is responsible for associate and team development in order to exceed individual, team, and department performance goals, while maintaining and managing relationships for good business practices, keeping the customers best interest in mind at all times. This position will require phone and e-mail communication with customers, utilizing a wide variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review polices and identify and communicate effective solutions. The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for handling customer challenges for the team, such as escalations. A strong work ethic and a passion for customer advocacy are essential to this role. Inventing on behalf of the customer is a daily activity.
- Lead a team of Customer Service Representatives and Specialists
- Interface with all business teams to ensure that service levels are achieved and maintained
- Actively seeks solutions and provides trends & feedback to the operations manager and senior management team to drive technology and operational improvements; interface effectively with internal development teams and service owners
- Demonstrates timely, accurate and professional customer service. Maintains a positive and professional demeanor and portrays the company in a positive light
- Functions as an authority for operational policies, procedures, and services
- Responsible for meeting with the team appropriately and conducts weekly 1:1s. Assists team with performance improvement efforts for quality and productivity by coaching when necessary using metrics to identify needs and additional direction as prescribed by Management.
- Functions as an authority and escalation point for the Customer Service team
- Responds to negative customer inquiries from various resources with the goal of regaining customer trust
- Contributes to a positive team environment by proactively aiding teammates with difficult customer contacts via phone and email. Demonstrates effective communication and cooperation with management and coworkers in an effort to manage team workload and morale.
- Serves as a role model by displaying good judgment, positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, adherence to policies and demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service
- Analyzes volume of telephone calls and email messages for team and directs workflow accordingly. Contributes to any overflow work from phones or email as appropriate. Demonstrates appropriate sense of urgency for email response times and phone service levels. Accountable for service level agreements for self and team.
- Maintains quality and volume using metrics to ensure that individuals and team are at or above standard for skill group
- All other duties and special projects as assigned
- 5+ years successful experience in Customer Service with demonstrated increasing responsibility
- 1+ years of team management experience with a focus on team development, process improvement, and managing to performance metrics
- Ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people is a must
- Experience using CRM and other internal platforms
- Experience analyzing and reporting data
- Knowledge of all MS Office tools
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- At least 18 years of age
- BA/BS preferred
- Demonstrates effective communication, composure and professional attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate between technical resources and business stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional environment