Chancellor's Office Statement
Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Administrative Analyst. The CSU Chancellor's Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, is the headquarters for the nation's largest and most diverse system of higher education. The CSU Chancellor's Office offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
The salary range for this classification is $3,288 to $6,162 per month.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor, is seeking an Administrative Analyst to provide administrative and analytical support for the Architecture and Engineering (A/E) and Energy and Sustainability (E/S) units, under the general direction of the Chief of Architecture and Engineering and the Chief of Energy and Sustainability, respectively. This position is responsible for administrative and logistical support, preparation and tracking of professional services agreements and budgets for CSU Chancellor's Office-led projects, master enabling agreements and programs.
Under the general direction of the Chief if Architecture and Engineering, the Administrative Analyst will:
- Provide administrative, analytical and logistical support for A/E and E/S units;
- Prepare professional services agreements and associated documents (amendments, extra services) for systemwide programs and projects; monitor financial status of these projects and programs. Manage program budget and expenditure records in CSU PeopleSoft Financial system. Track program and agreements budgets and invoice status in Excel workbooks. (Include Cal Maritime capital projects managed by CPDC). Review and update chiefs on status of unit support budgets;
- Manage and coordinate A/E and E/S website for currency, functionality and usability;
- Manage and coordinate the Systemwide Architect Prequalification database program.
This position requires:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and administrative experience plus a minimum four years of progressive administrative experience.
- Three years' experience in energy contracts and public works contracts.
- A positive, can-do, make-it-happen attitude is a fundamental, must-have requirement.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships and effectively interact with staff and various outside parties.
- Able to apply judgment, discretion, and self-initiative in performing administrative work on a variety of subjects, programs and projects.
- Ability to analyze the scope of assignments. Ability to compile, analyze and effectively convey information. Ability to identify resources needed and the data elements required; determine an efficient way to obtain and organize the data, and present the results in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to coordinate multiple different administrative tasks, determine relative importance of each, set deadlines, prioritize and complete projects accordingly; ability to learn, independently interpret and apply a variety of academic and organizational policies and procedures; ability to identify and effectively apply policies and procedures; ability to learn the operations of a department.
- Facility with general office procedures and practices; ability to screen mail, telephone calls and visitors.
- Ability to draft and prepare correspondence including concise cover memoranda in final form, requiring selection of materials and references from a variety of sources. Must have fluency and ability to adjust writing styles to match the author¿s style with proper English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Establishment and maintenance of records and files.
- Familiarity with or ready ability to timely acquire a proficiency in CSU PeopleSoft Financials relative to data inquiry and account balance management.
- Attention to detail is essentials to ensure contract documents are properly prepared and executed.
- Excellent ability in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL (see details below); proficient in PowerPoint.
Resumes will be accepted until March 1, 2019 or until job posting is removed.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, click on the link at the top of the screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
This position requires new hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHSUSCIS)' in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
If hired, you will be required to furnish proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
The Chancellor's Office policy requires that the selected candidate successfully complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position.