Discover seeks a Project Manager to drive cross-functional project teams to deliver breakthrough improvements in unit cost, quality, customer experience, and risk. This position leads the execution of Discover Home Equity’s strategic initiatives. This position must be located in Riverwoods, IL, due to the level of interaction with head-quarters based business partners.
This role provides a unique opportunity to tackle a wide range of the highly visible, Lean-related business challenges across the business. We are looking for people that thrive on collaboratively solving complex problems with senior leaders. To succeed, this person must demonstrate thought leadership, develop collaborative relationships, and deliver measurable results through Lean projects.
- Identify, remove, and minimize the impact of manufacturing opportunities through waste elimination, increased capacity, improved efficiency, improved logistics, and reduced complexity
- Apply DMAIC, DFSS and other process improvement methodologies to solve business problems
- Lead and coach core teams to identify and analyze losses and develop solutions and control plans using Lean Tools such as 5S, 5W, Bottleneck Analysis, Gemba, Kaizen, Kanban, KPI (Key Performance Indicators), OEE, Poka-Yoke, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Factory, Standardize Work, Takt-Time, Statistics tools, Control Charts, Pareto and FMEA, etc.
- Ensure timely delivery of projects and breakthrough results that meet or exceed agreed-upon metrics or goals
- Build relationships with all key constituents necessary to deliver project results on a timely basis
- Communicate with senior management about project progress, results and assistance needed from them in written presentations, emails, and in toll gate reviews
- Quantify impact of projects on financials, productivity, customer experience, quality, risk, and compliance
- Promote a risk-aware culture; Identify and evaluate controls to sustain processes and their improvements for the long term by adhering to required risk management standards and processes
- Understand key metrics that measure business-unit performance, create scorecards, and monitor process performance over time
- Conduct in-depth analyses including data collection, analyses, and synthesis to generate key insights for projects
- Co-ordinate with systems owner to drive automation of processes
- Collaborates with leaders and team members to understand customer needs, map current states, drive root-cause-analysis, design future states, and deliver projects with sustainable results
- Collaborate with team to listen to its membership concerns, get feedback on tested solutions, and deploy improvement initiatives or ideas
- Bachelor Degree within business or engineering
- Five years of relevant work experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to use query languages to extract data
- Strong analytical skills with experience applying statistical analysis for business improvement
- Masters or other advanced quantitative degree.
- Black Belt or Green Belt Certification in Lean or Six-Sigma
- Experience with driving improvements in financial services and/or mortgage industry (1st mortgage, home equity lending etc)
- Experience application of transactional Lean Six Sigma and statistical tools like Minitab etc.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Discover promotes a risk-aware culture and ensures efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.