Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
The Assistant Director of Fiscal Affairs will assist the Controller with responsibility for the following:
- Organizing, directing, and coordinating the activities of lease reporting requirements.
- Production of audit-ready package for leases for each year-end financial statement audit.
- Reviews contracts and related documentation for applicability to new lease reporting requirements and ensures auditability.
- Reviews and approves annual lease schedules prepared for outside auditors.
- Acts as lease-specific liaison and facilitates communication with internal and external parties.
- Coordinates, responds, collects, and continuously monitors all contracts procured throughout the System for applicability to lease guidance and reporting requirements.
- Reviews, recommends updates to existing, and creates new internal controls related to lease reporting requirements.
- Reviewing GASB reporting compliance and ensuring System compliance with appropriate lease accounting guidance.
- Assists in the establishment of policies reflecting the philosophy and objectives of this Division as they relate to lease guidance.
- Attends staff meetings related to Financial Statement preparation and also provides recommendations and direction regarding issues related to lease guidance.
- Acts as liaison with other corporate departments to ensure attainment of department goals as they relate to leases.
- Other related duties, as required.
1. A master’s degree with a major in accounting, finance or business administration, with emphasis on accounting and financial systems from an accredited college or university; and five (5) years of responsible-level experience in fiscal management or administration with an emphasis in financial systems, management information and controls, of which at least three (3) years shall have been in a responsible supervisory, administrative or management capacity; or
2. A baccalaureate degree with a major in related fields, as indicated in (1) above, from an accredited college or university; and six (6) years of experience as indicated in (1) above, of which at least three (3) years shall have been in a responsible supervisory, administrative or management-level capacity; and
3. Knowledge of total accounting and financial management both in systems theory and practice; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience.
How To Apply:
https://careers.nychhc.org/psc/hrtam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&. Type 52173 into search bar.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,065.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)