The Health and Safety Senior Manager administers, implements and maintains the health and safety management system, ensuring timely and accurate documentation, reporting and filing of safety infractions according to current Agency, City, State and Federal requirements. This individual will be required to partner with leadership and staff alike to ensure that all safety procedures are implemented and become the norm.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Health and Safety Management System including all Programs and Injury and Illness Prevention Plans.
- Lead the development of organization-wide and site-specific procedures that support environmental, health and safety compliance, ensuring timely and accurate implementation.
- Ensure that Cal/OSHA 300 log and safety training logs are in compliance at all times.
- Regularly report to the leadership of each facility what their DART Rate is and partner with Leadership to develop plans to reduce.
- Ensure reporting, investigation, and management of all incidents, including those leading to workers’ compensation and liability claims in association with other business functions and cases; maintain case files and communicate with third party administrator (TPA) to provide claims information and assist in directing investigations where incidents are serious. Develop training for the stores and warehouse to give once the investigation is complete so that accidents, injury and near misses can be avoided in the future.
- Manage the health and safety management audit process and perform regular assessments and audits of facilities and programs for compliance.
- Develop, implement and deliver effective health and safety training and education programs related to environmental, health and safety compliance and incident prevention. Be prepared to act as a trainer for the leadership teams in the stores and in the warehouses so that they can train their staff and act on their own in safety situations.
- Maintain and keep current all SDS documents and hazardous material inventories for all sites.
- Ensure recordkeeping requirements are maintained per local, state and federal environmental and occupational safety regulatory agency requirements.
- Participate in or lead interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve environmental, health and safety processes throughout the organization.
- Assure compliance with CAL/OSHA regulations, SB 198, SB199, and all other applicable regulations and codes.
- Respond and provide assistance to emergency situations.
- Ensure regular reporting is provided and effectively communicated to all levels in the organization using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree or college diploma or an accredited safety education program or related experience.
- Possession of EHS related certifications
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP),
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- or other nationally recognized certification preferred. * First Aid/CPR/AED teacher certification.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from employees, and regulatory agencies.
- Skilled in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Valid Driver's License and clean DMV record.
- Knowledge and proficiency in benefits and compensation laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures (i.e. federal, state, county and local); knowledge of current labor codes and laws as it relates to the position.
- Demonstrated experience in occupational safety methods, standards, and practices.
- Strong knowledge of the city, state, and federal compliance and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and conduct training; ability to present in front of peers/associates.
- Skilled in developing clear written communications, procedures, and work instructions.
- Ability to maintain highest levels of confidentiality.
- Excellent in-person, phone, and electronic-based interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of HRIS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook (MS Access preferred).
- File management and auditing skills.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within human resources.
- Ability to promote and maintain favorable working relationships and promote customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes self-learning systems.
- Possess a professional demeanor, poise under pressure with strong attention to detail, and well-developed time management skills.
- Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
As one of the most established and successful social enterprises in the country, Goodwill Industries of San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin Counties, Inc. leads the field through innovation, continuous improvement, and a commitment to those we serve. The businesses we grow and operate (e.g. retail stores, E-commerce, specialty boutiques, value stores, and salvage businesses) fund local job placement and employment training opportunities that give people a second chance to build a sustainable livelihood.
Although we are in our 100th year of service, we approach our work like an innovative start-up with unlimited potential. We seek bright, resilient and caring strategic thinkers to join us as we greet a new century of innovation, achievement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health and Safety: 4 years
- Osha: 4 years
- Safety Management: 3 years
- Training & Development: 3 years
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Driver's License
Required work authorization: