Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Financial Accountant Senior for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Executes complex accounting functions, including preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations, preparation of financial results for internal and external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis. Performs in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business initiatives or strategies. Serves as a subject matter expert and mentor to less experienced team members and resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver results.
- Applies GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting treatment to complex accounting transactions, and demonstrates understanding of key implications.
- Communicates processes and procedures, financial results and analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in resolving accounting issues and makes recommendations to management.
- Performs in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business initiatives or strategies.
- Leads special projects and coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure timely completion.
- Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business partners.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business to resolve issues and provide informed, proactive reporting and analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools.
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an effective and efficient financial system.
- Reviews the work of less experienced team members and provides guidance and coaching when issues arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required. Four additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience performing standard accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results for internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP regulatory accounting practices.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with other team members.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis techniques and statistical methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technical accounting and reporting disciplines
- Advanced knowledge in applicable Microsoft Office applications.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA designation
- Technical accounting background
- Public accounting experience
- Experience in accounting for derivatives, preparing hedge documentation and performing effectiveness testing
- Experience in accounting for financial institutions or financial services
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
assistance is available
for this position.