Milestone is seeking an experienced IT Asset Manager to enhance the capability and maturity the IT Asset Management function for an Enterprise Customer in areas encompassing end to end Asset Lifecycle Management, including Data Center Operations and underpinning Supply Chain/Fulfillment, for both On-site and Remote locations.
This role will possess a deep understanding of IT Asset Management (ITAM) best practices. Individual must be experienced in management of IT Hardware (all types of infrastructure), in addition to Hardware and Software License & Support Management. Will be responsible for planning, scheduling, communicating, coordinating resources, and managing day-to day tasks to sustain and improve the existing CMDB and Asset Management function (both the run-operate and continuous measurement and improvement aspects) in addition to financial management and planning/forecasting for data center infrastructure and driving process and Service Level improvements for all areas of responsibility while interfacing with Asset Supply, Networking and HW Engineering, vendors and other teams as directed by the client.
Individual will understand the concept of CI (Configuration Item) and Asset reconciliation and have experience utilizing tools and methods to perform this activity both manually as well as via automated means. Individual will be well versed in the activities required to perform CI/Asset Auditing and can articulate strategies around the best methods for implementing such audits.
Individual has performed IT Asset / CMDB process improvements and is able produce new processes and procedures as required, as well as lead the rollout and execution of those processes. Successful candidate is able to detect deficiencies and discrepancies in all ITAM services delivered to the client and present practical, cost effective remediation actions to address such deficiencies to ensure they are escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
Must understand the integration of people, processes and tools within the overall delivery environment, how they impact the services delivered to the client, and determine best strategic and tactical approach (given organizational culture and other constraints) to continually improve those processes and services.
- Develop and implement strategic service asset management and governance function.
- Work with system management tools to assist with CMDB data integrity, performs regular grooming, housekeeping and capacity planning on CMDB.
- Ensure accurate Meta-data and Federation to other core MDR’s.
- Create dashboards and reports and provide on demand visibility of key CI and IT Asset Management statistics (types, counts, locations, movement reports), licenses, maintenance & contracts, and cost information at discretion of the client.
- Continuously review the “health” state of CMDB with respect to ServiceNow automation and optimization improvement opportunities and use best practices to implement processes and tools in collaboration with other technical teams that are not directly under this positions control.
- Develop, implement, and enforce inventory control process and work with Infrastructure teams to track performance trends.
- Develop reports to aid in budgeting and forecasting hardware and software asset and maintenance purchases/renewals.
- Identify which CI types need to be managed and controlled from the basis of Inventory, Asset and Configuration Management.
- Ensure relationship mapping taxonomy is defined for all relevant CI’s and services such that proper CI impact analysis can be performed.
- Ensures that the CMBD reflects the real-time state of the IT infrastructure and can be used as the definitive IT Baseline “source of truth”.
- Defines integration requirements to support other IT Service Management processes and integration with Change and Configuration Management.
- Updates the CMDB Service Structure when an IT Service is implemented or changed.
- Continually reviews the IT Asset Management process for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Reconciliation & regulatory compliance support (for example, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 “SOX” compliance)
- Fulfill hardware procurement ticket requests from internal customers through the use of various asset tracking and purchasing tools.
Must haveheld a previous role working in a configuration management, software configuration management, CMDB administrator or IT asset management position with demonstrated experience in successfully implementing Strategic Asset and Configuration Management processes. This includes specific knowledge and experience with working with a CMDB and defining Business Services that it supports.
- Must have5+ years of experience working in a medium to large size corporation (preferably a global or MNC) or government / military organizational environment, with cross functional experience and exposure providing service or support for IT infrastructure services using related ITSM processes.
- Must havehands-on experience with any one of the following products and tools suites with respect to enterprise caliber CMDB/CMS/ITAM operations:
- ServiceNow (preferred)
- CA Unicenter (CMDB, Asset Portfolio Management; Asset Intelligence)
- BMC Atrium, IBM Tivoli (CCMDB); HP (UCMDB);
- Should beproficient with analyzing and manipulating data in Microsoft Excel, including the use of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts.
- Must havesolid knowledge of software licensing and maintenance agreements
- Must havesuperior attention to detail and a methodical approach, with excellent written communication skills at all organizational levels and the ability to accomplish tasks without supervision.
- Must beable to work independently with minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and handle high pressure situations while maintaining professional composure.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification or equivalent practical experience (ITIL Foundation, V2 or V3, ITIL Service Transition, ITIL Service & Support, ITIL Configuration Management, ITIL Change & Release Management, ITIL Problem Management, ITIL Service Level Management).
- Experience creating supplemental organizational policy with industry commonly accepted best practices as defined in ITIL, CMMI-SVC, COBIT and PMBOK.
Job Type: Full-time