Join SCAD as an HVAC technician and manage all university HVAC systems in Savannah, Georgia.
In this position, you will perform basic maintenance on a variety of HVAC systems, ranging from one- to 40-ton systems, including troubleshooting and replacing filters, fan motors, blower motors, heaters, contactors, compressors, and thermal expansion valves.
The ideal candidate possesses knowledge of controls systems, commercial refrigeration, and ice machines.
The applicant must be able to pass a DOT medical exam. If an applicant fails the DOT physical based upon a claimed disability under the ADA and notifies the University of such, the University will work with the applicant to determine whether there is a reasonable accommodation pursuant to which the applicant can perform the essential functions of the position.
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical school degree in related field
- Valid driver’s license
- Four to five years of HVAC experience in construction, maintenance, or service preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)