Title: General Manager, Ground Handling
Location: Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, OH-44135
Reporting to: VP-West Operation Region, US
Lead, develop and drive the overall strategic direction and business plan by orchestrating an ongoing planning process which produces a clear and compelling vision and mid- and long-term business objectives. Direct all aspects of the day-to-day operations at the station/local business unit level to ensure efficiency and performance in accordance with the corporate objectives, strategy, and plans.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate the operation's performance to ensure increased profitability, productivity, or market share.
- Direct the preparation of operating budgets and proposals for capital expenditure and investments in infrastructure, technology, equipment, systems, or other assets and resources; analyze and approve operational investments that best meet the organization's business needs.
- Monitor and track the financial performance and ensure that full accounts and records of all financial transactions are maintained. Provide financial reporting as required – (Board of Directors, Statutory Accounts, annual financial statements, and reports, etc.,)
- Monitor and track quality standards of the ground handling operation and ensure continuous improvements in workflows and services to maintain competitiveness.
- Lead, guide, evaluate, and develop a team with operational responsibilities to ensure that the organization achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all key stakeholders (customer airline’s management, airport management, customs, immigration etc) to meet business targets
- Implement, oversee and monitor all safety and security measures and KPI’S related to people, equipment, facilities and aircraft involved in the operation.
Key Performance Indicators
- HR Metrics
- Quality targets as set by Swissport and/or as agreed with customers
- Other KPI as defined by the business unit
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree or equivalent, an advanced degree in a related field or professional certifications are advantageous
- Excellent working knowledge of business management principles and practices, financial concepts, and key drivers of profitability and operational performance.
- 5 years’ experience with P&L responsibility, preferably in the Aviation Industry
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong strategic skills and commercial acumen combined with the ability to motivate teams to deliver high-quality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, internal and external work relationships with all stakeholders and interest groups
- A team focused management style that fits into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong oral and written communications and the ability to communicate and motivate at all levels
- A sense of urgency and a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best-qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd., on behalf of more than 850 client-companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 265 million passengers annually and handles approximately 4.7 million tonnes of air cargo at 133 warehouses worldwide. With a workforce of 68,000, the world market leader in ground handling and air cargo services is active at 315 airports in 50 countries across all five continents. In 2017, the group generated consolidated operating revenue of EUR 2.8 billion.
Job Type: Full-time
- P&L responsibility, preferably in the Aviation Industry: 5 years (Required)
- business management principles and practices, financial conc: 3 years (Required)
This job will require you to pass a background check: