This Senior Change Manager is responsible for organizational readiness and adoption of Akamai's major systems deployment initiatives. This “internal consultant” role’s primary responsibility will be focused on focused on changes to drive Ease of Doing Business, particularly related to enabling the customer-facing Services and Support within the Digital Front Office. By engaging with business leaders, project managers, technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and key Front Office infrastructure stakeholders, the Sr. Change Manager will create and implement change strategies and plans that deliver the intended business outcomes on every internal engagement. This role will work with our CIO leadership team, Business Unit VPs and project team members to ensure adoption, utilization and proficiency of the enterprise changes that affect Akamai managers, employees, and ultimately our customers.
As a Senior Change Manager at Akamai you will be responsible for:
- Leading change management efforts around mission critical projects related to our customer-facing Services and Support area (Automatic Call Distribution, Chat, etc.)
- Leverage Akamai’s change management framework to create change management work plans, RASCI charts, and tactical change management plans
- Work directly with executive sponsors to ensure they are actively and visibly supporting the change throughout the project lifecycle
- Create a new partnership model with appropriate organizational linkages to ensure tight alignment and optimal synergy between IT, Global Services and Support, Sales, and other Front Office operational functions.
- Partner closely with project management to develop integrated project and change work plans and deliverables
- Leverage User Experience experts to ensure new solutions are aligned with behavioral and cultural norms. Gather the “voice of the user” and champion the user’s perspective in all implementations.
- Conduct thorough analysis of the business climate, change readiness, and change impacts prior to recommending a change strategy and set of tactics required to drive behavioral change
- Create and update a fully operational project plan with key milestones and success measures
- Propagate change management tools and strategies across the organization
- Work collaboratively with the community of Akamai Change Managers to share insights, impacts and best practices.
About the team
As part of the Akamai’s Office of the CIO, the Akamai Digital User Experience and Change Management team is an internal consulting team responsible for working with business and project leaders to deliver transformational change related to systems, processes and policies. Team members are assigned to engage on specific projects and/or with specific business leaders who sponsor such changes. Successful engagements are based on a project’s ability to deliver successful business outcomes, as well as the Change Leader’s ability to cultivate positive business engagements throughout the lifecycle of the project and beyond.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in consulting, information systems, project management, and/or process management with a focus on Change Management as a Center Of Excellence or set of enterprise business initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience working to improve key business capabilities and processes such as customer service and support
- Demonstrated experience leading an enterprise change management effort.
- Familiarity with High-Tech customer support environments and Salesforce deployments
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology company.
- Broad-based systems implementation knowledge and capability with a focus on change management, project lifecycles, and transformation initiatives.
- Experience working in a matrixed-management environment
- Experience working with and facilitating virtual teams
- Working knowledge of multiple change management methodologies such as Prosci/ADKAR, Bridges, Kotter, etc.
- Able to craft and deliver communications to a broad audience.
- Experience and desire to actively partner with IT and cross-functional business units to drive outcomes
- Understanding of business process concepts: process ownership, process flow mapping, measurement and process optimization.
- Experience driving culture change globally.