- Software Development
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol- Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb Devens site is a state-of-the-art biologics manufacturing facility located on 89 acres, just 45 minutes west of Boston. It is here that we will be fulfilling our critical mission to help patients prevail over serious diseases. This 400,000 square foot complex represents the single largest capital investment in the nearly 125 year history of BMS,
$750 million, and is a key part of our strategic BioPharma transformation.
The Associate Data Engineer will be working on a variety of projects in the areas business intelligence and data analytics using different tools (e.g. Tibco Spotfire). The ideal candidate is a creative developer that can think outside of the box, enjoys challenging projects in a fast paced industry. Participates in visualization design, development, ongoing support, and delivery activities related to data services. Provides expertise on dashboard and reporting solutions across site.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about the intersection of data and life sciences. They should actively apply both data engineering and software development skills to solve problems.
The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in building and maintaining data warehouse data integrations leveraging both MS SQL Integration services and Python technologies
- Develop and Optimize SQL Queries leveraged by existing integration services ,reporting processes and data analysis reports
- Develop dashboards and visualizations for ongoing measurement and KPIs
- Plan for non-transactional data storage for reporting and analytics
- Database Schema design and data flow architecture planning
- Maintain current reports in existing reporting platforms
- Profile source system data as needed to provide feedback for business requirements
- Analyze and verify Data Warehouse data
- Assist in the design, build and maintenance of SSAS cubes
- Work as integral member of cross-functional team to gather and document requirements to meet business needs.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing support of process monitoring and analytical applications and tools with the overall goal of streamlining the user’s ability to monitor and analyze both manufacturing and laboratory process data.
- Design, develop and test reports and dashboards that utilize underlying data warehouse and import files.
- Development and improve robustness of site developed tools and applications
- Develop standard solutions and escalates with proper documentation when necessary.
- Collaborates with the business stakeholders to learn the aspects of the business and develop analytic insight.
- Contribute to initiatives directed at streamlining and documenting analysis and reporting processes and tools
- Analyzes application requirements and provides recommended design
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and recommend changes on Data Analytic and Business Intelligence strategic roadmap
- Bachelor Degree preferably in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field with 2 – 3 years Business Intelligence experience preferred
- 2– 3 years’ experience with reporting and / or visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, Crystal Report, Microsoft Report, SSRS etc.)
- Experience administrating, developing and implementing reports and dashboards.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts with working SQL and Big data experience
- Experience with designing Data Warehouse architecture, data design and implementation
- Experience in programing and coding e.g. VBA,.Net application, Visual Studio, Python, Java
- Experience Microsoft SQL Server database administration and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services development or similar Extract Transform Load development
- Experience with multiple interactive reporting tools
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- 1 year of work experience in current good manufacturing practice biopharmaceutical production setting (process development and/or manufacturing technical support).
- Knowledge of the underlying scientific principles applied to the development and manufacture of biopharmaceuticals.
- Front end interface development (GUI interfaces) experience
- Some knowledge of statistical process control and data analysis techniques
- Proficiency in data analysis techniques and a willingness to learn new techniques is desired.
- Knowledge of the following software: OSIsoft PI, DeltaV, Syncade, SAP, Maximo,LIMs, Smartlab Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft IIS, Powershell
- Knowledge of additional programming language : R, C#
- Knowledge of software engineering practices: Source Control, Test Driven Development, Agile Methodology, CI/CD, Front-end or full-stack web development