This part-time, year-round permanent position provides support and assistance to the Mayor, City Manager, and Assistant City Manager, through responsible, complex and varied performance of clerical and administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Exercises considerable initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in: screening calls, visitors, and mail; answering and resolving requests; and handling important public contacts.
2. Proofreads, edits and rewrite memos, reports, minutes, agendas and budget materials.
3. Assists Executive Assistant/Deputy Clerk in preparing meeting agenda materials; staffing special events.
4. Manages Elmhurst Community Grant process.
5. Maintains several City webpages.
6. Manages City Administration, elected officials and other’s emails.
7. Receives visitors at counter accepting permits, voter registrations, alarm permits, senior taxi applications, etc. and processes.
8. Reconciles expenses of City Manager Office, Mayor and elected officials.
9. Manages City submissions of Statement of Economic Interest.
10. Coordinates document laserfiche management.
11. Maintains schedules as required by Mayor and City Manager’s Office.
12. Coordinates meeting and activity arrangements.
Critical Mental/Physical Requirements
- Understand basic math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages.
- Understand oral and written English instructions and perform without supervision.
- Work under pressure and with time sensitive material.
- Work as a productive team member,
- Problem solve and utilize resources.
- Tactfully maintain confidential materials and information.
- Strong organizational and analytical writing skills.
- Meet and deal with the public, elected officials, vendors and employees in a welcoming and respectful manner.
- Minimum G.E.D. or high school diploma
- Three years progressively responsible administrative experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Proficiency with Word & Excel
- Ability to learn and use City software programs
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
- Notary Public, or ability to obtain
- The majority of work is performed in an office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and concentrate for extended periods time; use hands and arms to operate office machines.
$25.81/hr. Flexible hours, working M-F 25 hours per week. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and physical.