World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Sales Enablement is looking for an experienced Sales Trainer who is great fun to work with, because at Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” We are looking for an energetic and passionate Sales Trainer to execute on key programs and improving employee engagement and development. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. The ideal person will have a hands on approach to Enablement. This person will also have a passion for creating structured and timely training content and partnering with other training teams across AWS to support sales people in thinking bigger and delivering results.
The WWPS Lead Development Representative (LDR) Sales Trainer will work closely with the LDR/ISR Training Program Manager to ensure the Global Lead Development (GLD) team is well-equipped with the content, training, and knowledge of available resources to effectively sell AWS’s current and new service offerings.
Your background should include a combination of lead development, inside sales and training dynamics with the ability to develop and deliver a comprehensive training program. You will work closely with the many stakeholders (leaders, sellers, subject matter experts, other trainers) to meet the training needs of the organization.
- Develop and deliver training sessions for new and existing LDRs - supporting specific On-boarding & Ever-boarding training needs. Training classes include instructor-led sessions, live online session and e-learning.
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, product knowledge, prospecting skills, identifying opportunities and sales process.
- Create LDR role specific training materials (job aids, checklists, infographics, etc.) ranging for new hires to tenured employees.
- Invest in positive outcomes and long term success of LDRs, through a positive and nurturing relationship with LDRs during training workshops and webinars.
- Trains with a reassuring coaching style while demonstrating the ability to work with all types of learning styles, speeds and personalities in learners.
- Regularly observes GLD teams to ascertain relevant training content and to ensure what is trained to new hires aligns with current prospecting, sales process and techniques.
- Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods and maintains trainee records. Assess overall GLD Enablement efforts to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Develop strong relationships with internal customers to develop course materials and receive feedback.
- As needed, collaborate with others in WWPS Sales Enablement on product, process and other changes/updates that may affect the sales team as part of ongoing training and development
- 2-5 years of proven sales training and facilitation experience
- 3-5 years of sales experience with demonstrated history of success
- 2-5 years aligning with the business to identify emerging training needs (re: sales process and/or technical); designing and implementing effective learning programs, often working with senior stakeholders
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and industry experience
- Experience as part of a global team
- Solid understanding of learning tools and platforms, AWS business, project management, and sales content creation
- Self-start with highly developed interpersonal skills and organizational skills, prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.