ReDiscover is a nonprofit community mental health agency that offers a full spectrum of programs and services for people whose lives have been affected by serious mental illness and/or substance use. ReDiscover helps men, women, and children who have limited income, no insurance or who are under-insured.
We started out in Lee's Summit, MO as a group of volunteers in the basement of a local church. We incorporated in 1969. Over the years, the community has known our agency and our unique programs by several different names, including Research Mental Health, North Star, and Common Ground. In 2003, we permanently changed our agency name to ReDiscover.
ReDiscover is seeking a Part-Time Child Development Teacher at the Woodland location. Under the general direction of the Child Program Coordinator, the Child Development Teacher performs job duties after receiving general instructions. Clients served are adults and children in ReDiscover’s residential and outpatient comprehensive substance abuse treatment and rehabilitation programs. The Child Development Teacher position requires working some mornings and/or evening hours.
The Child Development Teacher is responsible for implementing developmental, age-appropriate activities for children in the Child Development Center. The Child Development Teacher provides education and support to children and their parents. The Child Development Teacher is responsible in assisting parents with effective parent/child bonding. The Child Developmental Teacher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness in the center.
Clinical services shall be provided in accordance with the policies and procedures of ReDiscover and the contractual requirements of the State of Missouri, Department of Mental Health, Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides a nurturing environment without distractions for the children and interacts with children in a kind, warm manner
- Follows all the direct care guidelines and agency policies
- Ensures that room is set up to be conducive to learning and safety and free from all clutter
- Provides for the ongoing cleanliness of all children (wiping noses, changing diapers, washing hands, etc.)
- Prepares, serves and cleans up from all meals, snacks, etc.
- Works cooperatively with parents, peers, and supervisor to ensure a positive, productive environment
- Clearly communicates with all parents and staff in a professional and respectful manner
- Work product is performed in a quality manner
- Safeguards Protected Health Information written and electronically and maintains confidentiality
- Provides a welcoming approach towards all clients, visitors and guests from a trauma informed approach
- Demonstrates culturally competent respect for all clients and guests through verbal and non-verbal behaviors and assists them as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Understanding of child developmental stages and age appropriate activities to assist children with tasks in moving through developmental levels. Possess good communication, crisis resolution, and problem solving and leadership skills. Maintain current basic cardiac life support (BCLS) which includes infant CPR. Ability to lift over 25 lbs and work with children on the floor during play.
The ability to work with all persons with multiple challenges (mental illness, substance abuse, physical challenges, developmental disabilities, etc.).
Experience in a licensed day care facility is required.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Requires basic computer skills in typing/keyboarding, Microsoft Word and Excel programs as well as Gmail.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
ReDiscover offers a competitive salary, 403(b) savings plan along with EAP benefits.