The Senior Analyst, Sales position is part of the central U.S. Issuer Business Development team and partners with one of four specific Customer Account Management (CAM) teams: National Accounts, Regional Banks, Partnerships, or Processors & Community Institutions, or alternatively works on cross-issuer initiatives with the SVP, Portfolio & Business Development and President, U.S. Issuers.
Each Sales Analyst will:
(1) work with their CAM leader to establish and execute on short and long-term financial, operating and business objectives in alignment with regional plans, (2) Monitor, analyze and report on business metrics for issuers to aid management decision making and (3) Be a talent pipeline for the issuing Account Management career path.
The Senior Sales Analyst will be part of a broader community of like professionals across NAM, including those partnering with Market Development, Canada, Digital Partnerships, and the Citibank account team, to share best practices and drive standard methodologies across NAM.
1. Enable business growth:
- Investigate and explore opportunities to grow the U.S. Issuing business, based on customer performance reporting and Account Manager input, including:
o Business development opportunities to gain share
o Growth strategies to optimize customer and MA profitability across debit, credit and other business lines
o Opportunities to sell new products & services to existing customers
2. Drive consistency across sales team:
- Work with Account Managers, Finance and other partners to develop financial modelling and business cases for identified opportunities
- Work with virtual team of MasterCard subject matter experts to strategically articulate value propositions to close new business opportunities
- Work with Account Teams and Legal in the development of legal agreements and ensure timely execution
3. Manage sales team operations:
- Develop and report on sales pipeline to feed into one standard, centralized BD pipeline for U.S. Issuers, in coordination with the Product Development and Account Management teams and residing in salesforce.com
- Develop and lead a communications platform with all business partners for key news like Training courses, Regional conference’s, important bulletins and the latest product offering by MasterCard
- Manage process around compliance, asset allocation, Franchise Management support, Salesforce.com maintenance and reporting
- Maintain responsibility for all administrative and operations issues for assigned business development opportunities including planning, reporting, budget and expense management
- Own responsibility for all financial payments relating to Customer Business Agreements (CBAs) and/or customer marketing agreements
- Review CBA performance tracking and identify opportunities for further improvements
- Assist in coordination of all customer events & functions (meeting coordination, customer events, etc…)
All About You
- Passion for B2B sales and working in a sales environment to drive results; desire to explore sales/account management as a career path
- Strong analytical skills: aptitude for working with financial information and operational data
- Strong technical skills: knowledge of or ability to quickly learn salesforce.com & cubes/other analytical tools
- Experience with developing business cases & strategic analysis
- Ability to collaborate across multiple levels and functions; role has high exposure to a wide range of senior partners. Must be strong team player.
- Strong communication skills; able to balance command of the details with ability to deliver clear, concise summary
- Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering multiple projects within a team environment.
- Relevant Degree preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.