JOB SUMMARY: The Preschool Anchor Teacher serves as a partner to facilitate interactions, provoke interest, curiosity and guide learning for children ages 2.7-5yrs. The position provides classroom leadership in implementing developmentally appropriate early care and educational programming in accordance to SOMACC’s philosophy and policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains professional ethics of confidentiality, discretion, and good judgment.
- Works closely with teachers and staff to lead the development of a comprehensive children's program and environment in accordance with SOMACC's Reggio Emilia philosophy and agency policies and procedures.
- Provides individualized small group instruction and adapts the curriculum to the needs and interests of each child.
- Implements children’s assessments according to the California Department of Education’s criteria.
- Maintains visual and auditory supervision of children at all times to ensure their safety in the classroom, on the playground, and on field trips.
- Supports children's social and emotional development by providing a warm, nurturing, and respectful atmosphere for the children to be encouraged to learn and grow.
- Maintains a creative, team-building approach to job performance and seeks to bring a constructive, problem solving orientation to all tasks.
- Works cooperatively with parents, staff, and third party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees written records and observations of all children in the classroom, noting their development and behavior in all aspects of the program. Ensures all documentation is properly recorded and child portfolios are completed on schedule as indicated by the Site Manager.
- Leads classroom staff in creating a warm, nurturing, and respectful atmosphere for the children to be encouraged to learn and grow.
- Leads classroom teachers, support staff, and volunteers and informs the Site Manager of any problems or concerns.
- Serves as a mentor teacher to other less experienced team members. Develops and promotes positive working relationships to create an effective teaching team.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of team and agency meetings, staff in-service trainings, ECE courses and workshops for professional growth.
- Communicates regularly with parents through daily interactions, weekly blogs, emails, and conferences.
- Assists Administration in enforcing all Community Care Licensing regulations set forth in the Manual of Policies and Procedures, under Child Care Center, including, but not limited to, ensuring that appropriate staff-child ratios are maintained at all times and ensuring that children are adequately supervised at all times.
- Assists Site Manager and administration in all matters pertaining to the effective and efficient running of the child development facility which include opening or closing the center, assisting in the ordering of supplies or equipment, and representing the Agency at community meetings.
- Ability to perform duties while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Ability to use hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Ability to bend, squat, balance, reach.
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
Physical Requirement :
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, balancing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 40 pounds.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
Hours: This is full time position (40 hours per week). Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7:30am to 6pm.
Compensation: See range, depending on CCTC permit level and BA degree.
South of Market Child Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for qualified candidates who need accommodations for non-essential tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the "Reply" button at the top of the ad. Please include your desired number of work hours per week in your cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.79 to $20.81 /hour
- ECE teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- San Francisco, CA 94107 (Preferred)
- Minimum of CTC Site Supervisor Permit (Preferred)