The Accountant II role is a key supporting role within the Accounting and Finance department reporting to the Controller of the company.
Service First Automotive-
People have been our focus since we opened our first Facility July 1st, 2011 in Spring, TX. With nearly 70 years of combined experience in the automotive repair industry, the founders of Service First Automotive saw an opportunity to offer something better. They set out to change the automotive industry by delivering an unparalleled customer experience.
Today, we have 4 facilities and one training center located in Houston, TX. With our newest Partner Caliber Collision, we are opening 60 of the most advanced automotive repair facilities throughout Houston, DFW and San Antonio over the next 4 years. We are all very excited to make a positive impact on the automotive repair industry and invite you to be a part of the automotive revolution!
* Prepares general ledger month-end close tasks and journal entries assigned.
* Prepares monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and clears reconciling items in a timely manner.
* Ensures that appropriate controls and compliance processes are being followed.
* Makes recommendations for process improvements and automation opportunities.
* Prepares financial reporting and ad hoc reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for the Controller and Executive Management.
* Contributes to any special projects and performs additional duties as assgined by management.
* Performs Variation Analysis for assigned Service Centers and assigned departments.
* Assists in the timely preparation of schedules and other supporting documentation required by external auditors.
* Assists with daily, weekly and monthly financial projections.
* Prepares Variation Analysis between actual results and budgeted & forecasted results.
* Education – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
* Accounting Experience – minimum of 3 to 4 years of accounting experience is required.
* Certification – CPA License is preferred.
* Inspired to serve internal customers, departments, Executive Management and the Controller.
* General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), balance sheet and income statement methods, internal controls and other areas related to financial reporting requirements.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Experience with Workday or other large ERP systems is a plus.
* Energetic, quick-learner who is driven to produce high quality results and work product.
* Ability to analyze, research, document and solve problems.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills with many points of contact within all levels of the organization.
* Ability to adapt to changing orgnaizational and operational needs due to company growth.
* Skilled in organization, prioritization, time-management and attention to detail.
* Ability to receive and respond to performance feedback effectively and timely.
* Proven ability to systematically enhance processes and drive improvements throughout the organziation.
* Commitment to delivering the Service First Automotive purpose, vision and mission.
* Ability to perform assigned duties in a timely manner with limited supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: