Fleet Service Clerks perform the handling of items on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing and documenting of cargo in a cargo specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area.
About The Job
Job duties include:
- Pick-up and delivery as indicated: mail at mail facility, baggage in bag room; cargo at the cargo facility or staging areas.
- Arrival and departure activities of aircraft including cleaning aircraft windshield; pushing, towing and related guide person functions.
- Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to the operational requirements of the airline. Includes ability to perform data entry.
- The cleaning and servicing of aircraft interiors, including cabin cockpit and lavatories; checking, handling, assembling, removing and installing passenger service cabin furnishings and supplies according to check list specifications.
- Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors.
- External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air; includes checking all fluid levels.
- De-icing aircraft. May be required to work at heights while de-icing of aircraft
- The filling of fuel truck from storage tanks, driving fuel truck and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as required. May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck meter.
- Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting in loading, unloading and racking both filled and empty drums.
- May be required to operate a bus and/or forklift.
This position works outdoors in various weather conditions. Due to flight operations Fleet Service Clerks work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays.
Click to see what it’s like to be part of the Fleet team!
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from aircraft's, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Good communication skills
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Ability to obtain jet bridge certification
- Must have the ability to pass the US Postal Service background check
- * Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 20448