Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas' most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region's premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years, and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for a Network / Voice Administrator who will function as the primary staff member responsible for the build, install and maintenance of the organization's infrastructure network and voice communication systems.
The position is full time and located in our McAlpine office working with office closely with the Chief Information Officer and the rest of the IT Infrastructure team for the overall operation, administration and management of the network and voice communication infrastructure
As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast - with 18 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services - we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
CEENTA has earned some of the most prestigious workplace awards, including being named one of North Carolina's Best Places to Work, one of Charlotte's Most Family Friendly Companies, and one of the Healthiest Employers in the greater Charlotte NC area.
The ideal candidate should be professional, detail-oriented, and love being a part of a team focused on providing excellent services for our company. Candidates would have a "can do and will do" attitude and demonstrate the ability to contribute positively to the team.
Scope of Position
- Responsible for overall operation, administration and management of the network and voice communication infrastructure.
- Responsible for performing advanced support and routine complex troubleshooting
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company standards.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Cisco Voice network operations.
- Partners with Third Party Vendors to assist in problem resolution of network infrastructure issues.
- Initiates network improvement recommendations based upon experiences in field
- Provides Tier II support per request from various constituencies. Answer technical queries and assist users. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis.
- Tracks and updates key performance metrics.
- Provides team support and process improvements through individual contributions.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Applies operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes to infrastructure assets.
- Repairs and recovers from hardware or software failures. Coordinates and communicates with impacted personnel.
- Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network and voice infrastructure.
- Maintains and updates network diagrams and vendor information for network devices.
Experience / Skill Needed
Bachelor's degree required, technical major preferred, such as engineering or computer science. Four year degree can be replaced with 6 or more years related IT work experience with at least 3 pertaining to network or voice communication systems administration.
Three to five years of voice communications experience. Experience with network routing, switching systems and voice infrastructure required. Systems certifications CCNA, CCNP, MCSA or equivalent preferred. Previous Cisco Unified Call Manager experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Certificates and License:
- Strong Ability to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Possess knowledge regarding Cisco hardware such as Cisco Unified Call Manager, Cisco Unified Call Manager Express, Cisco Unity, Cisco IPCC Express, Cisco Voice Gateway, etc.
- Clear understanding of Cisco Voice network deployment models and should understand functioning of voice network devices.
- Successful work experience working on Cisco Unified communication products like Cisco Unified Communication Manager, IPCC Express, Cisco Unity Voicemail, Cisco Wireless Phones and Cisco Call Manager express.
- Successful project experience with implementation/troubleshooting on Cisco Voice Hardware.
- Understand VOIP protocols like SIP, H.323 and MGCP
- Possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Systems certifications CCNA, CCNP, MCSA or equivalent preferred.
Occasional travel to other offices to accommodate user needs. Occasional travel (outside of NC) for training classes, implementations, and conferences. Change in expectations may occur with little to no notice and will be reviewed periodically.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service.