****MUST USE LINK TO APPLY****
The Import/Export Specialist will successfully manage the flow of inbound and outbound shipments in the most effective manner, and coordinate activities between all international warehouse locations. This position will manage the needs of internal stakeholders to ensure we have the right product in the right place at the lowest cost.
- Primary deliverables will include the following:
- Work with freight forwarders, U.S. Customs brokers and government agencies to facilitate clearance procedures and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Effectively coordinate the process with suppliers, foreign staff members and government agencies on the movement of product imported into the U.S. as well as exported from the U.S.
- Prepare all required import and export documentation as required. Coordinate and transmit shipping information to foreign offices.
- Coordinate resolution of domestic concerns related to international shipments.
- Analyze new items for proper import and export classification. Assign the appropriate Harmonized Tariff Code classifications to a wide variety of products.
- Supply appropriate routing instructions to new vendors based on departmental criteria for domestic and imported goods.
- Manage all international licenses for the importation and exportation of products. Maintain all NAFTA certificates and requirements.
- Maintain good data and system integrity within the ERP system.
- Provide support to special projects, as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or International Trade and a minimum of 3 years in an international logistics function.
- Familiarity with import and export regulations/requirements in the following countries or regions: China, SE Asia, North America, South America, Latin America, Europe.
- Familiarity with U.S. Customs policies and procedures.
- Full understanding of air, ocean and ground based logistics.
- Working knowledge of VAT requirements in various global regions.
- Ability to author, maintain and coordinate process and procedural documentation.
- Ability to negotiate ground, ocean and air freight contracts.
- Ability to coordinate global warehousing processes and procedures with local operating units.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, detail oriented with a strong bias for action.
- Proven attention to detail, with excellent analytical, problem solving and personal organization skills.
- Proven experience using MS Office Suite, Lotus Notes, MRP and ERP systems.
****MUST USE LINK TO APPLY****
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Rolling Meadows, IL (Required)