Vastec is a leader in data transformation and document imaging. Our employees take pride in their work, always operate with integrity and are great team players! We are currently looking for additional Document Specialist, this is a scanning and print production position.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Retrieve and prepare a variety of documents, reports, charts, correspondence, and other records from a number of sources and of various shapes and sizes (including maps and other large size images) for scanning by removing staples and clips, and placing documents in or on the equipment;
- Scan and commit images to film, CD, or online archival storage utilizing an imaging scanner; maintains quality of images by using prescribed controls and methods as required by the imaging device;
- Verify scanned documents' accuracy with source documents; proofreads for content validity, spelling, grammar and punctuation; verifies booking and paging; and reconciles errors and resolves discrepancies;
- Maintain a manual and/or an automated recordkeeping system to identify, maintain, store, and control source documents and electronic records and media;
- Operate, adjusts, and maintains electronic imaging equipment, tools, software, personal computers, and other office equipment;
- May prepare photographic evidence for court using cameras, video cameras, and digital imaging software. May provide courtroom testimony regarding processing standards and techniques;
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Must be able to meet and maintain daily production goals
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Basic understanding of databases
- Basic knowledge of scanners, copier machines and other office equipment
- High school degree or equivalent
- Schedule: Monday Pay rate is $20.86/hr 40 hours per week
- 10 paid holidays, PTO after 1 year of employment
- This is a government contract- must be a U.S. citizen, have a clean background and credit history to obtain the required Public Trust (T1) security clearance
- Must not be related to anyone currently working at VASTEC
- A pre-employment background check & drug screening is required.
VASTEC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $20.86 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Document Scanning: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location