City & State:
Van Nuys, CA, US, 91406
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Technician 3, Bakery-Maintenance
6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Thur & Fri Days Off)
Performs a wide variety of general maintenance functions to maintain the functionality of Bakery mechanical and electrical systems, to include Bakery production equipment and general building maintenance.
Assists in the technical maintenance of all Bakery mechanical and electrical systems to ensure that Bakery equipment operates reliably and efficiently. Performs preventive maintenance tasks to prevent equipment failures and takes corrective actions to repair hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, mechanical and electrical systems and returns equipment to service while minimizing machine down time.
- Provides technical repairs to complex electronic, mechanical, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Troubleshoots, repairs, fabricates, and/or installs electronic systems, complex gauges, instrumentation repairs, and new parts including mechanical and electronic interfaces
- Troubleshoots, repairs, adjusts, installs, and programs electronic, electric and pneumatic controls and instrumentation used to control and measure equipment performance, access to buildings, building automation systems, fire protection systems, material handling systems (elevators, etc.), and energy measurement systems
- Assists production workers in diagnosing malfunctions in systems and equipment.
- Executes major equipment overhauls. Tests equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime
- Maintains production equipment while operating on a defined production schedule.
- Operates general machinery and tools including saws, drills, power tools, scissor lifts, forklifts, etc.
- Interacts with and maintains records in accordance with Maintenance Management System requirements and job assignments and communicates via email, all with the use of computer systems.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in compliance with government code and regulations.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe work area, including wipe and washing equipment and tools, sweeping and mopping floors, and trash removal.
- Confers with and coordinates activities with Bakery personnel and other departments to minimize disruptions to production and maintenance schedules.
- Escorts contractors while in the bakery facility on scheduled visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High school diploma with a minimum of 4 years of experience in instrumentation, measurement and control systems, electronics, mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery or 6 years of experience in instrumentation, measurement and control systems, electronics, mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery
- Experience in three of the following skills: refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and food manufacturing process controls
- Knowledge of equipment set-up, functionality, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques
- Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level Required
- Read, Write, and Math skills
- Computer literate
- Must have ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control systems design documentation and vendor supplied documents including Process & Instrument Drawings (PID), electrical single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical cable, routing and termination, mechanical diagrams and machine layout drawings
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field
- Food manufacturing experience
- SAP knowledge and experience
- 4 years experience in industrial maintenance environment troubleshooting PLC software, I/O and field devices and working with mechanical, pneumatic, or hydraulic systems preferred
- Refrigeration, Welding, Boiler/Air Compressor and Machinist experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
- Navigate up and down stairs
- Flexing/Extending/Turning the neck
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a hot, cold, wet, frozen, dusty, and loud environment
- This position requires an employee to have adequate communication and observational skills
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to work Weekends, Holidays and Overtime as required
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer(AA/EOE)