Construction Cost Estimator
We understand the necessity be discrete. You may email your resume to " info at berksconsructiongroup dot com "
We build in the following business sectors, Medical, Retail, Health and Wellness, Dental, Hospitality, Restaurants.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, have an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to work with a high-performance team. Have a positive attitude with the energy to fulfill all job responsibilities with integrity and excellence. Must possess a strong work ethic.
Brief Overview for Estimator:
1. Oversight of the estimating process for the projects in which they are assigned.
2. Review of all bid documents to create a list of required trades and suppliers for the project.
3. Creating a bid package and instructions for each trade instructing them on how we want the bids submitted to BCG. Write a project narrative for our Bid Coordinators to use when sourcing Subs and Suppliers.
4. Working with BCG’s current team of Bid Coordinators. These coordinators find and locate the subcontractors and suppliers for the project.
5. Finalize the bid for the project by reviewing all bid documents, qualifying subcontractors and suppliers (Bid Leveling) and assessing risk.
6. Submit the bid to management for review.
7. Upon award of the project, create a turnover package to the Project Management Department.
- 10+ years’ experience in Commercial Building or Industrial Construction Industry.
- 5+ years’ experience in construction Cost Estimating of projects of various sizes, from
- $ 250,000 to over $ 10,000,000
- Ability to quickly read and understand blueprints/plans.
- Must Have very Strong Computer and software skills. Our company utilizes Microsoft Word, Teams, Share Point, Outlook etc.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel is a must!
- Must have extensive experience in qualifying and “Bid Leveling” (apples to apples) bid analysis of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ability to work with a high volume of work within tight deadlines and thrive under pressure.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and execute estimating processes to ensure that bids/estimates are comprehensive, manage risk, and completed on-time.
- Drive competitive results for estimating endeavors, with a winning attitude.
- Assign estimating requirements to support staff for each project, based on schedule and needs.
- Coordinate technical proposal requirements with business development/marketing departments.
- Develop initial project schedules and work plans, as required for strategy and value-based bidding.
- Communicate project risks and approach to risks to Management.
- Build positive relationships and alliances with subcontractor and supplier community.
- Develop scope letters with qualifications/assumptions to accompany estimates and assist with proposal presentation.
- Perform detailed quantity-takeoff, labor estimates, and work plans for self-perform scopes of work (carpentry and concrete).
- Maintain & update on a quarterly basis the databases used for conceptual and hard bids within the precision.
- Provide value analysis of plans & specifications including coordination, completeness, & clarity.
- Actively participate in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image.
- Travel to job-sites for bid-walks.
- Supervise Bid Administrator if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Job and Yearly Bonuses
- Laptop with a Hotspot
- Vehicle Allowance
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Personal Days
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance available for employee and family
- Employer paid Life Insurance.
- Short Term Disability Insurance Available
- 401K with company match
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Training opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment with Berks Construction Group, LLC. At BCG, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that BCG's strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
BCG does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Berks Construction Group, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identify sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- Auto Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location